Page 239 of 301 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249289 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,390 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    This is an old interview, before Long Road Out Of Eden but after Felder's exit. I'm sure some have read it already but it's worth a look.

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/feat...gles-interview.

I wonder if Tim's, People Can Change has been released in some form yet?
    No. Don't you think we would have heard about it if it had been?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    It's an American list of suburbanites stuck in the 80s! Like you, I can't believe Bon Jovi and Journey made the list. The Doors are more significant musically and culturally and have stood the test of time. Where is AC/DC and The Who.

Shout out to VA for the Laurel Canyon Radio link - what a fabulous idea for a radio station.
    No problem, NMB! I just copy and paste the links as they pop up on Twitter or alerts.

I'm not at all surprised Journey made the list. I started paying attention to Billboard 200, the list of best selling albums each week back in 2012 when Glenn and Joe released new albums, then again to check out Eagles albums when the DVD came out. Since then I check sporadically. Every time I check it, Journey's Greatest Hits is on the list, so somebody out there really likes them. Just for informational purposes, Fleetwood Mac's Rumours is usually always on the list, too.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

It's an American list of suburbanites stuck in the 80s! Like you, I can't believe Bon Jovi and Journey made the list. The Doors are more significant musically and culturally and have stood the test of time. Where is AC/DC and The Who.

Shout out to VA for the Laurel Canyon Radio link - what a fabulous idea for a radio station.
    I agree that Bon Jovi and Journey shouldn't be there. I can just about understand the latter although I've never been a fan (I've always found Don't Stop Believin to be irritating for some reason, in fairness I've only really heard the Steve Perry-era music), Bon Jovi I don't get at all, I don't see them as a 'classic rock' artist myself. I wasn't too offended though as they were only in 9th/10th and not above the bands I love on the list.

I agree that The Doors are better than either, for another US artist I'd suggest Lynyrd Skynyrd, they have one of the most iconic classic rock songs (Free Bird), several other classic rock radio staples and were probably the stand out band of the Southern Rock movement. The Beach Boys are also better than Bon Jovi and Journey, but the trouble is that they became less of a rock band as they matured (Wouldn't It Be Nice and God Only Knows are perfect pop songs but aren't rock in the way that the Chuck Berry-inspired likes of Fun, Fun, Fun and Surfin' USA are, at least to me) so I would find it difficult justifying their inclusion in a list of top rock bands.

I have to say that most of the bands I'd suggest would probably be British - the likes of The Kinks or Deep Purple wouldn't look out of place I think, The Who as well are a good shout.

Then again I've seen worse lists, there was one list from a UK newspaper which was meant to be a list of the top 10 American bands - not only were the Eagles not included, but they were left out to include The Band (a fair shout but four-fifths Canadian) and the winner was that most famous band, Bruce Springsteen (and no, not Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band. Just Bruce Springsteen )

Border Troubadour

That list needs more ZZ Top.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I'm not at all surprised Journey made the list. I started paying attention to Billboard 200, the list of best selling albums each week back in 2012 when Glenn and Joe released new albums, then again to check out Eagles albums when the DVD came out. Since then I check sporadically. Every time I check it, Journey's Greatest Hits is on the list, so somebody out there really likes them. Just for informational purposes, Fleetwood Mac's Rumours is usually always on the list, too.
    Interesting - I just checked it now. Journey & FM are still on the list, and the Eagles first greatest hits is hanging tough as well.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

FM is on it frequently, and with their recent tour, usually several albums worth. Sometimes Greatest Hits by our guys is on it, sometimes not. However, I've not ever seen a week where Journey wasn't on it in the last three years. Maybe I just hit it right, but when I look, it's always there. I keep wondering just how many copies of it people in the US need to own. Of course, I have it and listen to it pretty often, and if the player ever ate it, I'd replace it within a week.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I've bought 2 cd copies of Journey's greatest hits, one for my mom and ond for myself. I've done the same for the Eagles '71 - '75 greatest hits, except my copy is on vinyl. I own Rumours on vinyl and cd. I own 3/4ths of FM's albums.
    I'm not surprised that Journey is on there (both the list and billboard). How popular is Don't Stop Believin? I'm personally sick of it (I heard it way too much as a kid), but it's one of the top 10 hits of the 80s. Plus Journey had alot of other hits.
    Aerosmith, I love and am glad to know that they are on there. Bon Jovi on the other hand... .
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

AG, you're the coolest 20-year old ever

While trolling through the vinyl albums on Ebay this morning, I came across a bit of trivia about Eagles '71-'75: on side 1, in the grooveless space just around the label part (the run-off? I forget what it's called), there is etched "HAPPY NEW YEAR, GLYN." Etching on side 2 reads, "WITH LOVE FROM BILL."

Those mischievous Eagles, you gotta love 'em

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

AG, you're the coolest 20-year old ever

While trolling through the vinyl albums on Ebay this morning, I came across a bit of trivia about Eagles '71-'75: on side 1, in the grooveless space just around the label part (the run-off? I forget what it's called), there is etched "HAPPY NEW YEAR, GLYN." Etching on side 2 reads, "WITH LOVE FROM BILL."

Those mischievous Eagles, you gotta love 'em
    Thanks MNB
    Do you mean etched as in actually etched into the vinyl itself? I'm looking at my copy and I can make something out on side 2, but I can't read what it says. It looks like a number, not words.

ETA: After getting a magnifying glass, I looked and what I saw is the serial number: 6E-105-B
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Oh that's weird. Maybe the etching is only on a certain numbers of Eagles Greatest Hits albums, anybody know? Here's the one I saw today:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Eagles-L...item33a33303e4

I'm a long, longtime fan of Led Zeppelin and they were infamous for (many things, including) messages etched into the run-out grooves on their albums. "Do what thou wilt," is inscribed on one side of Led Zeppelin III and "so mote it be" on the other - both occult sayings attributed to Aleister Crowley, whom Jimmy Page admires.

Apparently is it etched right into the lacquer during the final mastering process.