Page 249 of 301 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259299 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    And another... It seems Glenn ordered up cheesesteaks for the Eagles when in town last September to open Allentown's new arena.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/food...ars_of_ch.html
    That was interesting, particularly "The band's singer-guitarist Glenn Frey has family connections to Nazareth and requested the steaks." Maybe Mrs. Frey is from there? Incidentally, the world-famous Martin guitars are made in Nazareth - it's pretty much the biggest business in town, but I guess Glenn is loyal to Takamine.

Re the article on women important to the Eagles: good to see the Joni Mitchell-"Help Me" thang finally made the press.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    That was interesting, particularly "The band's singer-guitarist Glenn Frey has family connections to Nazareth and requested the steaks." Maybe Mrs. Frey is from there? Incidentally, the world-famous Martin guitars are made in Nazareth - it's pretty much the biggest business in town, but I guess Glenn is loyal to Takamine.

Re the article on women important to the Eagles: good to see the Joni Mitchell-"Help Me" thang finally made the press.
    Actually, it's Mr. Frey (Glenn's dad) that has relatives in Nazareth.
    Last edited by VAisForEagleLovers; 07-07-2015 at 01:33 PM.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

There are comments on Glenn's relatives in the After Hours Press and Discussion thread, the pre-concert anticipation thread for Glenn's solo show in Bethlehem, PA in May 2012, and the review thread for the same show. I can't get the links to work where I am, so I can't post them. I want to say her name is Betty or Betty Jane, but I really can't remember, she's Glenn's aunt, and she was at the show. He gave her a shout-out at the concert.
    VK

This guy has written a weird article where he compares the Eagles and their personnel changes to the travails of higher education and those who teach it.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ryancrai...t-of-the-band/
    VK

That is odd, and quite a strained comparison. I suspect he recently saw the documentary and just *had* to talk about it; we know the feeling!

We should refer him to the Border's "Heaven and Hell Discussion" thread, he would dig it

Stuck on the Border

He's following that well-worn path of doc and H&H and if he continues and starts googling, he'll surely end up here.

I've seen similar comments on the hostility of Henley and Frey towards former members from others but his take on Felder is slightly different to usual: “Fingers” is an unreliable narrator of his own book, consistently trying to prove too much and contradicting himself.

I don't believe Felder ever accuses Frey of adultery, so I assume the writer was getting Meisner and Frey mixed up.

I believe several have taken Felder's comment in the book about wineglasses being outside of Glenn's door during HFO to mean he was doing something he shouldn't have been doing. Probably because Felder meant it as such, however I believe the idea was that Glenn was drinking when it was supposed to be a 'no drug, no alcohol' tour. Because Felder states it as something Glenn wasn't supposed to be doing, people assume it means Glenn was drinking wine (and more) with someone he shouldn't be drinking with. However, I believe the rule was no alcohol and no drugs while performing, not for the whole tour.
    VK

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I believe that in the documentary, someone (maybe Glenn) said that the rule applied to "band time". (Rehearsals, gigs, interviews etc).

I'll have to watch part 2 again to be sure, though. Such a chore
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I believe several have taken Felder's comment in the book about wineglasses being outside of Glenn's door during HFO to mean he was doing something he shouldn't have been doing. Probably because Felder meant it as such, however I believe the idea was that Glenn was drinking when it was supposed to be a 'no drug, no alcohol' tour. Because Felder states it as something Glenn wasn't supposed to be doing, people assume it means Glenn was drinking wine (and more) with someone he shouldn't be drinking with. However, I believe the rule was no alcohol and no drugs while performing, not for the whole tour.
    Oh I didn't take it that way, because wasn't Glenn's wife accompanying him on that tour? I thought Felder was commenting on the smell of pot emanating from the room

Stuck on the Border

According to Joe's manager:
    "The rules were straightforward," said Spero. "No drugs or drinking allowed on tour. In fact, it specified that all the hotel minibars be emptied in all the hotel rooms before band members arrived. There was to be no abuse of the crew, which meant no more of the usual yelling and screaming."
    However, Felder invited Bernie for a beer in his dressing room, so maybe the rules got relaxed, or Frey wasn't the only one who didn't keep to them.

I assumed that Felder suspected Frey of drinking and smoking dope, not of womanising.