Page 251 of 301 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

I believe that part of Eliot's book because it has direct quotes from both Henley and Randy.

My take, which may be wrong (disclaimer, disclaimer!) is that scuffle marked the point where Glenn gave up on Randy and that Henley had lost patience some time before.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Our guys make the top 5 list of Magical Music Moments in the 60 year history of Disneyland.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...717-story.html
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Now, that comparison with higher education... "strained" is an understatement. As a college professor, I was cringing throughout.
    OMG - I gotta agree with you, Soda. I'm not even a college professor, but that comparison to higher education was as lame as you can get, IMHO.

And Re: The article about Randy's departure from the band, I have to agree with VA about some of the factual errors. In everything else I've ever read, heard, or seen, Randy's refusal to sing TITTL became a persistent problem during the last months of his time in the band rather than a single isolated incident.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    OMG - I gotta agree with you, Soda. I'm not even a college professor, but that comparison to higher education was as lame as you can get, IMHO.

And Re: The article about Randy's departure from the band, I have to agree with VA about some of the factual errors. In everything else I've ever read, heard, or seen, Randy's refusal to sing TITTL became a persistent problem during the last months of his time in the band rather than a single isolated incident.
    It's the visuals vs. the audio in the documentary, and people's propensity to remember what they see vs. what they hear. They showed a clip from supposedly one night where it came to a head, and no one remembers the words saying it happened often and culminated at that one night.

It worked exactly the same with the Felder vs. Frey thing at Long Beach. No one ever hears or remembers Joe, Glenn, and Don saying it was build up. People walk away thinking Glenn decided one night to kick Felder's ass for no reason except "I guess."
    VK

On a lighter note, here are some memories of the Ozark Music Festival from long ago. I imagine our guys had a great time, what with all the naked hippie chicks.

http://www.kansascity.com/entertainm...e27672037.html

A highlight: Glenn Frey of the Eagles dedicating “Already Gone” to Richard Nixon, who would resign the presidency three weeks later.
    VK

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow! I didn't realize it was such a huge mess! It certainly reminds me of Woodstock!

I guess I didn't get to go because I was getting married that weekend! Actually, I didn't even know it was going on! Good thing!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

The Eagles and Ted Nugent on the same bill! Life was so much simpler then.
    I just need a little downtime.........

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

What a fantastic line up of bands!

"Aerosmith, Bob Seger, the Eagles, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Ted Nugent and REO Speedwagon"

I bet the bands flew in and out post haste!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Y ' know, despite all the hang ups of that festival, I still wanna say "Where the heck is the time machine located?" (I'm jealous of the people who got to see festivals like that)
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Banned

No food, no toilets and the National Guard chomping at the bit, if I had a time machine, I think I'd still give it a miss AlreadyGone95.

I can remember being a little afraid of punks in the late 70s so I can understand the locals being terrified of an invasion of hippies during the early 70s despite them being, on the whole, perfectly decent human beings.

It's a pity that nobody is lining up a 40th anniversary re-run. I'm sure they'd make a much better job of it 40 years on.

I wonder if there's some mega rich dude thinking, "25 million, I could afford that....."

As always, thanks for the link VA (although it no longer seems to be working )

http://www.kansascity.com/entertainm...e27672037.html