Page 260 of 301 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270 ... LastLast
Results 2,591 to 2,600 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

I know this is a Don Henley interview, but it's Eagles related. Soda or a mod can move it to the Henley section if need be.

Don said the band will be likely ending in the next couple of years and it'll be Glenn's decision. Boo hiss, of course.

All I can say is that I'm truly happy I got to see them twice and got to witness their magic live.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/enter...-end-post.html

Banned

Presently, I'm expecting The Eagles to pick up again. I'm sure Irving will have some plans.

The only thing I'm worried about, is that if Glenn takes an extended break and loses his chops. He sang pretty good on After Hours, I really hope he's working on something while Don does Cass County, I'm sure Tim and Joe are.

If the Eagles regroup and Glenn, through inactivity, has dropped below the Eagles high quality threshold, even after some hot housing, I reckon he'll quit and I can't see the others carrying on without him.

Now that they've all done a post Long Road Out Of Eden, solo album, I'd like the Eagles to do another victory lap, even if it is only touring.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Boo hiss is right, Austin or as another wise man once sang 'I Don't Want to Hear Any More'.

Now, just to clarify ... I mean this talk about calling it quits. I know it's coming eventually, but I'm still in hopes that after a break, the guys will be ready to book some more Eagles shows later next year. Even if they just do a few shows for a few weeks at a time, it will be better than nothing. I wonder if they'll bring Bernie back? If so, they should just continue with the HotE shows. I mean it's only been going for 2 years, whereas, some of their previous tours have gone on for a much longer run. What bothers me the most is if they aren't going to continue the HotE shows, how much time, energy, and money are they willing to put into revamping the entire show? If they don't do either of these, then we may have to settle for occasional 90-minute shows in a few select cities. I wouldn't even mind the occasional few select cities as long as it's not the 90-minute version.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

This is pretty neat, if only slightly Eagleish.
    Bruce Springsteen celebrated his birthday one day early by jumping onstage with Jackson Browne for a jam at a New Jersey show.
    The Boss -- who turns 66 on Sept. 23 -- watched most of the show at Red Bank's Count Basie Theatre from the audience. He later joined Browne to perform a 12-minute version of “Take It Easy.” The song, which Browne co-wrote with Eagles member Glenn Frey, first charted as a hit for The Eagles in the No. 12 position on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1972.
    http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...jackson-browne

12 minutes!

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

12 minutes? . Sounds like a cool jam version of the song.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

There's video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GnFmYzFITw

(Updated because there's a longer, cleaner video)

I was at the Monday night Jackson Browne concert at the same venue. Great concert. I was secretly hoping for a Bruce appearance since he lives nearby and he gave the introduction speech when Jackson was inducted into the rock and roll hall of fame. Can't complain though., Jackson Browne's voice was mesmerizing. He seemed to be having fun. The band was amazing. We enjoyed the night so much we thought about getting tickets for Tuesday but it was sold out and stubhub is not in the budget. Great night. A Bruce appearance would have been icing on the cake.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Glad you enjoyed it, Roey! I love Jackson!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

The Guardian posted an old Eagles interview from 1974 (when they were promoting On the Border) in honor of Cass County's release tomorrow.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/201...daddy-magazine
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    The Guardian posted an old Eagles interview from 1974 (when they were promoting On the Border) in honor of Cass County's release tomorrow.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/201...daddy-magazine
    Thanks for this, AG! Enjoying the California Jam videos!