Page 265 of 301 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

It's time for another Forbes list: #5 in "Worlds Highest Paid Musicians in 2015":
    5. The Eagles ($73.5 million) The classic rock band hasn’t had a No. 1 single in years, but The Eagles are still alive and well on the road. The 57 shows they played in our scoring period as part of the History of the Eagles tour helped them edge younger names like Justin Timberlake and Lady Gaga.
    http://www.forbes.com/pictures/eeel4...agles-735-mil/

Yeah, I think I did my part in contributing to the profits of two of the bands on that list, lol. They deserve it, though!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Go guys!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

This isn't really "the press" but remember some time back when comedians Fred Armisen and Bill Hader did a mockumentary on a 70s California band that was inspired by History of the Eagles? Armisen recently performed a song (as his character from the Blue Jeans Committee, the faux band) with America. There's a clip on America's Facebook page; I don't know how to insert a direct link but the video is in the December 14th post. https://www.facebook.com/Americaband/?fref=nf

So cute, "We haven't seen Gene since the animal rights concert in California" - that's the scene that is a blatant send-up of the Felder/Frey showdown in Long Beach.

Stuck on the Border

I'm trawling through the press thread and found that everyone was despondent in 2010 because of a quote from Henley. The link's dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildthyme View Post
    Don is certainly making this tour sound like the end of the road in this interview

http://www.vancouversun.com/Eagles+f...722/story.html

“I had hoped that we could go for two more years and reach the 40-year milestone,” singer-songwriter Don Henley told The Vancouver Sun in an exclusive interview. “But it’s looking more and more like the end of the trail is imminent.”
    I feel like dropping into the conversation of that time to reassure you that there's at least another 5 years and a major tour to look forward to!

Dreamer used history to reassure:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I remember that back in 2005, there were several similar statements made by both Glenn and Don that lead many of us fans to seriously believe that they were going to call it quits at that time. And just look what's happened since then. Obviously, they aren't going to be around very much longer, but, I'm really hoping that they will make it to 40 years and will go out with a bang!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - interesting that you dug that up, UTW. Looks like from the dates, the guys are on a five year cycle when they start talking about 'the end'.

Now, of course, I know the band won't go on forever, but this is exactly why I still hold out hope that we haven't seen 'the end' yet. Back in 2005, I was pretty convinced that they may be done and that's why I decided to go to one last show out in Sacramento, CA. If I hadn't gone to that show, it's a good chance that Soda and I would have never met so thank goodness for the incentive. Then, they spent the next 5 years recording and touring for Long Road Out of Eden. Of course, the next 5 years after that were focused on another little project, History of the Eagles, even though I was just hoping to get through the 40th anniversary. I don't know what they have planned next, but I'm definitely hoping for more. I stand by what I said in 2010 - I'm really hoping that when they reach 'the end' that they go out with a bang this time, not a whimper.

The band will likely regroup after the first of the year to ponder their future as they normally do. So in the meanwhile, I guess we all will just be sitting tight anxiously awaiting for some word about what's next.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

I bet if this board had been running at the time, they'd have been similar discussions in 1996 and 2000, so the 5-year rule almost holds true. Here's to 2020!

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Come to think of it, weren't the first suggestions of a possible Eagles comeback (before it actually happened) around 1990? If you wish to count that, it would extend the sequence quite neatly.

You're right, there were!

Today, my sister asked me, "So, what concerts are you going to this year?"

I was forced to say, "None are on the horizon. All my bands and singers are taking breaks." It made me sad, but I do feel they aren't quite done yet.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Those are sad words to have to say right here during the holiday season, Soda. I'm with 'ya though - got my fingers and toes crossed for some happy news out of the Eagles camp by springtime.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016