Page 29 of 301 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Very interesting discussion! Thanks for your clarifications, Dreamer. I am in little doubt that I'm an introvert.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

I was speaking with dreamer and she was saying that I wasn't borderline - I was pretty much extrovert all the way! So guess I learned something about myself after all this, too.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks everyone - I also find personality typing really interesting as long as it doesn't turn into stereotyping. I especially like the Myers-Briggs test that we were discussing. I rarely ever saw anyone who took it that didn't agree the results once all the indicators were explained to them. The introvert/extravert indicator really is one of the most confusing though. As I was telling Soda - I am a perfect example of how people can misinterpret it. I am a fairly strong introvert although many people don't believe me when I tell them. A lot of them assume I am an extravert - why ... because I am not shy at all.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Back to our topic...

I was in line the grocery store today, waiting to check out, when I saw People Magazine Celebrates the 70s on the magazine rack. I figured surely the Eagles got a mention, so I methodically turned every page until I saw it... pages 66-67 - a two-page spread! Of course I immediately bought it, even if we have all seen the photo before. I thought I would also alert any mega-fans who would like to do the same. In stores now!

Well, the last few pages of this topic have been veeeeery interesting to read.

Soda, I appreciate the post you made about Don and agree with the points you made about him. He and Glenn both have very multi-faceted personalities, and we are attracted to them for a myriad of reasons.

BTW, you and Dreamer have both met me--I wonder, do y'all think I am a "true" extrovert as well? Like you, Soda, I love people and I will talk to most anyone readily, but I also have to have my "down" time where I am quiet, too.

And back on topic: I saw that People magazine and did the same thing you did--immediately turned to the Eagles page and then bought the magazine!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan View Post
    BTW, you and Dreamer have both met me--I wonder, do y'all think I am a "true" extrovert as well? Like you, Soda, I love people and I will talk to most anyone readily, but I also have to have my "down" time where I am quiet, too.
    DF, while it is true that I have met you, it is difficult to say. Even though you are a very friendly person, if I had to take a 'wild guess' based on my limited observations, I would say you are an introvert. However, I stress that this is just a wild guess. I generally hesitate to guess about people without getting a lot more information about their preferences and tendencies because this is how people end up stereo-typing others. For example, another common misconception is that introverts are unfriendly. A good starting place is for you to try to answer all of the questions listed in my introvert/extravert post keeping in mind that you do all of these things some of the time. However, try to figure out what your preferences and tendencies are when there are no intervening factors or interferences. If you can't decide, then you need to delve deeper by asking additional questions to gain more insight.

This is interesting stuff for me, and I could go on and on about personality typing, especially the Myers-Briggs model. However, I don't want to throw this thread totally off-topic. But, if some of you are interested in delving deeper into this subject, we can start another thread, and I'll be glad to give you some additional info to help you 'analyze yourself'.

Now note to self: Go out and buy that issue of People magazine.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I need to look for that too!

And I think I'm probably an introvert.

Back on topic, saw this today on the MSN homepage:

http://www.msn.com/defaultc.aspx

-------------------------------------------------------------

Click on the link for a nice picture and full story.
    Last edited by Brooke; 07-08-2010 at 04:06 PM.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

It seems to be gone already!

Border Desperado AmarilloByMorning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    ABM, you puzzle me. You are not afraid to give controversial opinions, but when asked to defend them, you back off apologizing for making them in the first place. I don’t understand that. You’re a lawyer!
    I puzzle myself, actually. Story of my life... The issue is I'm quick to dispatch an opinion, post without adequately considering the potential ramifications of my impulsive emission, realize I've stirred waters in manners I never intended, and quickly back down because... wait for it... I dislike arguing with people. (Yes, I'm in the wrong profession.) I have imposed a cooling period on my posts, which have effectively blunted the majority of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Eagles' chief songwriters Glenn Frey and Don Henley led one of the best-selling bands of all time, but life in the fast lane and internal squabbles boiled over after completion of the ironically titled "The Long Run" in 1979.
    I love how journalistic mentions of the Eagles and internal squabbles are almost ubiquitous. It's almost as original as titling an article about them "Eagles flying high." I always want to write the layout designer: "Nice job with your headline employing bird imagery; I'm sure they've never heard that one before." I've always kind of wanted Don & Glenn to do a faux-wedding photo shoot with one of them in drag since they're each other's most lengthy (albeit tumultuous) relationship. If they needed the publicity, that would effectively put them everywhere in a matter of minutes. Tim could be the ringbearer, with Joe in the background gleefully pitching fistfulls of rice into the air. Of course, they'd probably squabble over who would be stuck in the dress, so I'm right back where I started...

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloByMorning View Post
    I puzzle myself, actually. Story of my life... The issue is I'm quick to dispatch an opinion, post without adequately considering the potential ramifications of my impulsive emission, realize I've stirred waters in manners I never intended, and quickly back down because... wait for it... I dislike arguing with people. (Yes, I'm in the wrong profession.) I have imposed a cooling period on my posts, which have effectively blunted the majority of them.
    Well, I guess I have a different definition of arguing. I think discussing issues on which we have varying opinions without getting angry or upset constitutes constructive dialogue rather than promotes negative argument. Maybe you've had a bad experience with that in the past where disagreement = argument, but here on The Border we don't get all agitated when we disagree. We're really softball around here.

I always thought lawyers debated rather than argued anyway.

I love how journalistic mentions of the Eagles and internal squabbles are almost ubiquitous. It's almost as original as titling an article about them "Eagles flying high." I always want to write the layout designer: "Nice job with your headline employing bird imagery; I'm sure they've never heard that one before." I've always kind of wanted Don & Glenn to do a faux-wedding photo shoot with one of them in drag since they're each other's most lengthy (albeit tumultuous) relationship. If they needed the publicity, that would effectively put them everywhere in a matter of minutes. Tim could be the ringbearer, with Joe in the background gleefully pitching fistfulls of rice into the air. Of course, they'd probably squabble over who would be stuck in the dress, so I'm right back where I started...
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!