Page 12 of 301 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

I think an appreciation should involve a bit more than just quoting lyrics verbatim. Still, I should not carp, because at least she tried. I find it very difficult to analyse the songs and what I love about them, and often it does just come back to the lyrics.

Nice of her to include Tequila Sunrise. Presumably she refers to the original version of Take It To The Limit...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post

That was great!

You know, that line in LWKUA reminds me of when my hubby and I got engaged when we were seniors in high school. A cousin of mine (at the time, recently graduated from college and a big success (in his mind), was very disgusted that we were getting married so young. He asked me, What are you going to live on......love? Being young and in love and naive I answered, Whatever it takes! Then, a couple years later he was divorcing his wife and we were doing fine. And 34 years later, I still remember his comment when I hear this song and wonder what he thinks of us now and I think
    Its a credit to you Brooke that you have both managed to stay together and in love for so long. I'm sure it hasn't been an easy road all of the time. I hope you have many more happy years together.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Longtime Eagles supporter Lefsetz weighs in again:

Pricing

Of course I would love lower prices for all CDs, and it's great that the Eagles one was cheaper, BUT...

Surely Lefsetz realizes that the only reason that happened was because of the Walmart deal. It was one of the justifications for it, I believe, given by the band. In other words, if the Eagles had gone through a label, their prices would have been just the same as any other act.

And he must also surely realize that Walmart determined the price based on the fact that they hoped to make up the difference in purchases consumers made who had come into that store to buy the Eagles album. The exclusive Eagles album was the small-potatoes lure that would bring someone into Walmart rather than a competitor like Target in order to do their household purchases or Christmas shopping.

In order to make a case for the dropping of prices to the music industry, Lefsetz needs to find an example that doesn't have those kind of external factors. Record execs look at the bottom line. If they make more money off of an album that hits #5 but costs twice as much as the Eagles, they won't change just because their album might go #1 if they lower the prices.

Look at ticket prices. Do they care if they sell fewer seats because of the higher prices? No, because they still make more money.

I want the same thing as Lefsetz does, but his scenario as it stands doesn't make monetary sense for the music industry.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

http://www.gactv.com/gac/nw_headline...39785_,00.html

Here's an excerpt from the article:

Dec. 19, 2008 — The Eagles’ album Long Road Out Of Eden ranked as the top country album of the year, according to Billboard magazine, in a list that comes with a bit of a qualifier.
    The double-disc Long Road embraces several different genres, with music from the project making its way onto classic-rock, Americana and AAA stations, in addition to country. It’s been certified for 7 million in unit sales, and its first single, "How Long," won a Grammy this year for Best Country Vocal Performance by a Duo or Group.
    Last edited by Ive always been a dreamer; 07-10-2010 at 04:16 PM.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

The Eagles listed as #3 of Highest Grossing Concerts with a gross of $73.4 million - They finally beat out Rascal Flatts ( #8 ) .

http://music.hollyscoop.com/madonna/...2008_1383.aspx
    Last edited by Ive always been a dreamer; 07-10-2010 at 04:17 PM.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Woo-hoo! Glad the guys finally beat Rascal Flatts!
    Goodness knows we Borderers certainly helped run that monetary figure up, as well.

Aw c'mon, you knew they'd beat them at THIS game! Woo hoo, Eagles!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Who's to say the Eagles won't finish out as the top-grossing concert tour overall (not just of 200), considering they are probably touring all of this year as well? I wouldn't be surprised, especially considering all of the repeat customers they attract!

For some reason, the computer keeps putting the cool smiley in the place I wanted to put an 8 for 2008...oh well...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well, they have sold a fair share of tickets, that's for sure. I've definitely done my part in recent years.

I think that's pretty awesome that they finished 3rd. I'm not positive, but I would guess that they probably did less shows than Madonna or Celine, so if you factor that in, they may be even closer to the top.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016