Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Mayer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default John Mayer

I'm watching his Storytellers on VH1 right now and I'm impressed. I knew his hits prior to this but not his lesser known stuff. I've always known he was talented and loved his sense of humor as well (his show, his writing, his Tweets, his guest spots). He seems like an interesting guy with interesting music.

What do you guys think of him?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBIxScJ5rlY[/ame]

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: John Mayer

He's not that impressive to me. I just don't think he's that good. He's cute though

I actually really love his music, especially a lot of his lesser known songs from his previous albums. I haven't heard much from the new album yet, other than the single "Heartbreak Warfare", which I like. I saw him in concert for the Continuum tour a few years back.
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Yes, I seem to remember you saying you really liked him, and Maleah and tbs fanatic like him as well, if I recall correctly. What's your fave Mayer song?

JM is good. A genre that I dearly love (Blues) but he branches out a bit. I can't take his vocals....I can't understand him no matter how hard I try. But man, I LOVE his guitar!

MikeA

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I actually think he is a very talented guitarist and for the most part, I like his vocals. I like his music from when he first started out more than the recent stuff. My favorite songs of his is Waiting On The World To Change & Your Body Is A Wonderland.

BUT-did anyone read this months Rolling Stone article about him? He's just a little weird! It makes for an interesting read if you get the chance.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Default Re: Good for a Laugh

I didn't think this was worthy of a new thread and didn't know where else to post it. This was as good as any.

John Mayer quit Twitter. Really not funny. Really didn't stir me at all. A little strange though as he had 3.5 million followers. Said he was hanging it up to go into the studio and work on an album and would keep fans updated via blog.

There was no sorrow expressed in the comments about the notice. Mostly: "Who Cares" type things.

MikeA

Default Re: Good for a Laugh

Considering the amount of tweeting he did, that's gonna open up a lot of time for him, I think!

A pity, though, in the sense that he's quite witty and it made a lot of fans feel connected to him.

A bit late...but I did see John in concert in August, and he was great. The warm-up band was Train, whom I thought I might like, and I did. The lead singer, Pat Monahan, is very charismatic, and they actually have more hits than I realized were theirs over the previous few years. And can I make this tie into an Eagles message board?? Why, of course! Towards the end of the show, John (joined by Pat) played an awesome version of Boys of Summer on a hot summer night--too cool!!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

I hope I didn't come across all that negative about Mayer. I actually do sort of Like his music....but something about his vocals come up lacking for me personally. I quite simply cannot understand him. My ear doesn't align with his method of communication. I don't hear many others stating that so I presume it is a fault of MINE rather than his.

The kid CAN play guitar though! That I LIKE!

MikeA