Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Bernie Leadon Mentions in the Press/Blogs

Default Re: Bernie Leadon Mentions in the Press/Blogs

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Interesting! Did you see his colleague is the son of Amy Grant and thus Vince Gill's step-son?! Small world!

Yes, isn’t that a coincidence! There are so many inter-connections in the Eagles universe. From the pictures you can see Matt Chapman looks just like his mother. I was hoping there would be a picture of Ian, too.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

In this interesting American Songwriter article, Bernie and Don Henley talk about what influenced them to create the music and lyrics for Witchy Woman https://americansongwriter.com/behin...tt13gmail-com/

Cool article NMB! Thanks for posting. 👍

Thanks!

Always interesting to revisit the song's histories. I find myself reminded of things I'd forgotten, like the influence of Castaneda.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

New interview with Mr. Bernie Leadon in Rolling Stone! https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rol...n-1003169/amp/

I've always loved that photo. I had no idea it was for a solo album that never got made!

Now, he says he's still writing songs. So, the question is... does he actually plan to do anything with them?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Let’s hope so. I get the impression that his concept of time is very... relaxed. It’ll happen when it happens. He may need some subtle nudging and guiding by a colleague or brother. I think he mentioned that his brother Tom lives nearby.

Arrow Re: Bernie Leadon Mentions in the Press/Blogs

Nice interview. Love this quote:

And here’s the other thing: I don’t think I’m done yet. I’m just like, “Wow, okay. I’ve had a really long career, but I’m not dead.” I’m still writing songs.

Nice interview. Would’ve loved to see when they reunited. Kick myself over this. Hopefully he will share some of those tunes he’s been writing. I agree Soda, awesome pic. Diltz is amazing at his craft.

This is an article from Uncut magazine dated December 2021, with some quotes from Bernie and Don Henley. Anyway, the mention of the power going out and the cold temps in London hit close to home with the freezing weather conditions here in my part of Texas (fortunately we still have power!).

February 1972. For these four Americans more used to the temperate Californian climate, London in the depths of winter was not the most propitious place to be. But the intense cold was not the only thing theEagles had to contend with while they recorded their debut album at Olympic Studios. As guitarist Bernie Leadon recalls, “We’re really close to getting this one cut – ‘Just one more, come on guys!’ We get it, the final note is struck, and right as that ring-out decayed into nothing, the power went off. The machines all stopped. We went into the control room, because the talkback had cut out. Our producer Glyn Johns said, ‘Well, we’ll just have to listen to it tomorrow…’ It was a blackout, due to the strikes.” Viewed from a distance of 50 years, the irony of the situation is not lost on Leadon.
    Bernie also spoke about how even early on, they planned for contingencies:
    We had what we called the LCD Show – Lowest Common Denominator. We rehearsed so that if two guys have flu and two of the others aren’t speaking, most of the audience wouldn’t know. I came to look at bands as entrepreneurial, young businesses. Consistency and discipline is a lot of how we succeeded.”
    https://www.uncut.co.uk/features/int...nesses-136047/