Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Bernie Leadon Mentions in the Press/Blogs

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Bernie Leadon Mentions in the Press/Blogs

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Sun View Post
    It's in her book
    Oh ok, I have never read her book.

Yeah, I seem to remember a story or two about Bernie leaving the band once or twice and returning before he finally decided to leave for good. The book is called The Way I See It

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Sun View Post
    Yeah, I seem to remember a story or two about Bernie leaving the band once or twice and returning before he finally decided to leave for good. The book is called The Way I See It
    Thanks SS. I don't want to buy it so I guess I will check my library to see if they have it.

I want to take a look at the book, too. Once enough of us take a look at it, let's start a thread and discuss it!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

That's a deal, sister!

I had to laugh at this reader's comment about the book on Amazon, "Patty Davis is a self-involved, whiny person. Nonetheless, she grew up in an interesting period in Hollywood and when she notices anyone except herself, it can be interesting."

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    That's a deal, sister!

I had to laugh at this reader's comment about the book on Amazon, "Patty Davis is a self-involved, whiny person. Nonetheless, she grew up in an interesting period in Hollywood and when she notices anyone except herself, it can be interesting."
    Patti and I came of age about the same time, in fact, our dads worked together but I don't recall ever meeting her in person.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    That's a deal, sister!

NMB - LOL. I checked out Amazon and the used hardcover is going for 25 cents and the paperback for $4.80. Quite the bargins. Maybe I'll skip the library and buy it for that price.

With shipping costs, even the 25 cent one comes out to about $5, but that's still not too bad.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

My library has it, fortunately. It looks like a Mommie Dearest kind of book; that appears to be the emphasis.

This is a dated but very interesting Hit Channel interview with Bernie from 2012. It looks like someone may have already posted it in this thread but the link is expired.

About some concert recordings he was working on (the Fred Walecki benefit?):
    Firstly it’s a great honour for me to contact with you. Which are the current projects you’re involved in? Are you doing any recordings this period?

I recently went to London to work on concert recordings for a charity benefit. The recordings are from concerts in Los Angeles in the year 2000. Other than that, I mainly play banjo around the house for enjoyment.
    About his album Mirror and his desire to maybe do just one more:
    Your last solo efford in 2004 album ‘Mirror’.Are you satisfied by its result? Why it took you 27 years from your previous solo release?

Was I satisfied with the Mirror album? I don’t think we’re ever completely satisfied, and since we learn from doing it, there is always something we would like to do better, or again. But you have to do the best you can and let go of it. What happens after that is not up to me. Why 27 years? Well, its already been 7 more years since Mirror, it just goes by fast. I’m not out playing shows, and I have other things to do. The main thing is that you have to have the songs ready- I had maybe 50 songs to pick from for Mirror. I do have newer songs, but I don’t have the energy to do another one yet. But it would be nice to do at least one more.
    And Eagles-related stuff:
    Reading reviews and charts, I still can’t understand why ‘Desperado’ received so lukewarm recognition from fans and press when it released. Do you have an explanation?

“Desperado” was the second album by the Eagles. We had three hit single records off of the first album, titled «Eagles». Everyone in the industry, including the press, expected that we would follow the first album with more songs that could be hits. But I give a lot of credit to Glenn Frey (Eagles singer and vocalist) who insisted that we got commercial success with the 3 hits on the first albums, but we should immediately do an artsy album, and try to get critical success also as soon as possible. He felt that would help give the band enough weight to last for a while. The band has lasted for awhile, so maybe that was the right move.

But we did not have immediate top ten hits from the “Desperado” album. Some songs have become classics, including the song “Desperado”, which I love. That was Don Henley’s (Eagles drummer and vocalist) first song, by the way. I think Frey is credited also, but it is mainly Don’s song, and it is a great song.

How strange (and even unfair) is that you brought Don Felder (Eagles guitarist during the period 1974-2001) to Eagles and he stayed many more years than you?

Not unfair. Don Felder was in my high school band, and I was helping him out. After he arrived, it did help the band move in a direction in which I was less comfortable, but that’s life. He lasted longer, but left in the end also.

He also discusses playing with his former band the Scottsville Squirrel Barkers, mainstream country music, his friend and album collaborator Michael Georgiades, living in Nashville vs. L.A., and the influence of his father, who died in 2009.

phttps://www.hit-channel.com/bernie-leadon-the-eaglesflying-burrito-brotherssolo/1465

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...