Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Bernie Leadon Mentions in the Press/Blogs

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Bernie Leadon Mentions in the Press/Blogs

Wow - Delilah - a great find ! Thank You so much ! Bernie seems to be such a down-to-earth sold guy. He seems to be happy with all the decisions he has made in his life. Choosing his father as his biggest influence is touching. It is wonderful he got to spend quality time with his father the last eight years of his life. A great read. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    This is a dated but very interesting Hit Channel interview with Bernie from 2012. It looks like someone may have already posted it in this thread but the link is expired.

https://www.hit-channel.com/bernie-l...therssolo/1465
    Thanks for posting this, and including some pertinent quotes in your post because as you've discovered inevitably, these links do expire!

It would be wonderful for Bernie to do another album. I won't hold my breath but stranger things have happened. After all, who'd have thought he'd tour again with the Eagles, yet he did! Heck, I'd love for him to be out and about doing ANYTHING in Nashville - as I've said, I'd happily drive the four hours to see him.

Side note: once again, a reporter tries to get him to diss a band member and/or grouse about his treatment, and once again Bernie refuses to take the bait. He is so awesome.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks from me too, Delilah. It was fun to read that again. I also have an immense amount of respect for Bernie. By all accounts, he seems to be a stand-up, classy guy.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Thank you very much for posting this interview Delilah!
    It makes me know Bernie Leadon a bit better: he seems to be a sentitive and intelligent man
    I want to check out "Natural Progressions" and "Mirror" as soon as I can

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Thank you, D! Bernie is such a mysterious and private cat, it's nice to hear a bit about his views and experiences.

You are most welcome, everyone. I love hearing from Mr. Leadon.

I do try to include quotes and/or other info in case the links no longer work. It can be frustrating to read comments about how great an article is only to discover it is no longer accessible. The Border may end up being the only documentation left of this kind of stuff.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Thanks for sharing, Delilah. I think Bernie has a lot of integrity and class.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

It came up in Randy's forum that there was a small article published in the May 29, 2008 issue of Rolling Stone magazine about Bernie and Randy called 'The Forgotten Eagles'. It was an insert on the last page of the cover story published about the band after the release of Long Road Out of Eden. I posed Randy's piece in his thread. Here's the write-up on Bernie:

Bernie Leadon

INSTRUMENT
    Guitar YEARS IN BAND '71 - '75

CONTRIBUTIONS
    - Leadon co-wrote "Witchy Woman," the group's first Top 10 hit. A member of the Flying Burrito Brother, Leadon was responsible for the country-rock sound of the band's early records.

DEPARTURE - By 1975, Leadon was exhausted, "I wanted time off to regroup," he says today. "The others weren't excited about that." Tensions began to mount, and during a fight, he told Frey to "cool out" before dumping a beer on his head. Leadon quit soon after. "I don't regret it," he says.

WHERE IS HE NOW? - In 2004, he released Mirror, his first album in 27 years. "The Eagles' Greatest Hits goes platinum every year," he says., explaining why he feels little need to work. "I get royalties just like it was a new album." He's contemplating posting new music on his Website.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Thanks for posting that, Dreamer.

This recent article isn’t about Bernie (though he gets a mention), but his 38 year-old son Ian and the hemp product business he co-founded in Nashville.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/mon...le/2302175002/

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Thanks for posting that, Dreamer.

This recent article isn’t about Bernie (though he gets a mention), but his 38 year-old son Ian and the hemp product business he co-founded in Nashville.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/mon...le/2302175002/
    Interesting! Did you see his colleague is the son of Amy Grant and thus Vince Gill's step-son?! Small world!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten