Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Songs that Make You Cry

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Songs that Make You Cry

pueblo47 and I were talking about this subject and she mentioned the song for her is Go Rest High On The Mountain by Vince Gill because it reminds her of her Mom. Ironically, this was one of the songs we had played at my Mom's funeral because it was a favorite of hers also. As I watched this video, the tears started so apparently it makes me cry still also.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jXrmAKBBTU[/ame]

Now do we have a thread for songs that make you extremely happy because I really, really like that better?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Definitely a tear-jerker!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Maica56

Hello!
    I am from Barcelona, Spain, and I have find out this forum today. My father is a fanatic of Eagles, so crying with their music it's something very usual for me. I couldn't choose only one song

Congrats for the forum. It's an easy way to be connected with good music!

Maica.
    descuento
    Last edited by Maica56; 03-05-2013 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Forget something

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Welcome to The Border, Maica!

TBF, that Vince Gill song is definitely one for me.

Also, I cannot listen to Jackson Browne's Late For the Sky or Sky Blue and Black without tearing up. They are so beautiful.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Sunshine On My Shoulders by John Denver always brings tears to my eyes. I guess because I really do love sunshine and nature. Not to be morbid, but I want that played at my funeral.

Quote Originally Posted by SallyGee View Post
    Sunshine On My Shoulders by John Denver always brings tears to my eyes. I guess because I really do love sunshine and nature. Not to be morbid, but I want that played at my funeral.
    This was played at my father's funeral. It was his favorite song.

My parents died within 6 months of each other. You'd think their song choices would be from WW2, not their kids' generations. Shows how powerful and meaningful our music is to reach out across the years. Just sayin'.....
    So if you see me walking all alone, don't look back. I'm just on my way back home.

have to say the first song that came to mind is "Ribbon In The Sky" by Stevie Wonder...reminds me of an old love...always tear up when I hear it...

Border Desperado

Default Songs that make you lose it

Do you guys have any songs that make you tear up even if you're in a great mood and all is well?
    I don't consider myself overly sensitive, but there are a few that always get me.

The worst for me is Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton. The circumstances surrounding that song make it even sadder.

Sara Smile by Hall and Oates is another one.

I know ABBA is kind of a cheesy group, but [U]The Winner Takes it All[U] is so depressing regarding the situation surrounding it. Also When All is Said and Done can leave you feeling pretty raw.

Randy's Heartsong is up there, as is Vince Gill's Go Rest High Upon that Mountain as he composed that for his brother's untimely death.

And for some reason, TITTL has a melancholy undertone for me. I love the song. It is probably one of my favorite, if not my favorite Eagles song, but when I hear it I detect a hint of sadness in his voice. Probably just me.

But play Tears in Heaven and I am all done!

You guys? I would to know if you have any songs that you have to take a coffee break when they come on the radio at work

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Default Re: Songs that make you lose it

I don't really lose it to songs the way I used to, but here's a few that always stir up my emotions:

"Fire and Rain" by James Taylor was in my head the night I learned my best friend met his untimely end. While I handle that song a lot better than I did even a couple of years ago, a lot of those melancholy feelings still linger every time I hear that song.

"High Hopes" by Pink Floyd has always stirred me up. Not entirely sure of why. Same goes for "Wichita Lineman" by Glen Campbell.

"More Than a Feeling" by Boston, while a song I like a lot, is one that reminds me of a female classmate upon whom I have a most potent crush. I can sing/shout that one from the gut with conviction.

That's all I can think of right now. BTW, I can't take "Tears in Heaven," either.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Default Re: Songs that make you lose it

~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.