Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glenn and Joe do benefit for Lupus LA May 6, 2010

Default Glenn and Joe do benefit for Lupus LA May 6, 2010

More info from the site:

Celebrating 10 years...

The tradition continues with Los Angeles’ most colorful gala event: the Orange Ball, a benefit to raise awareness and funds for Lupus LA. Anticipation is mounting and plans are underway for this special tenth anniversary celebration set for May 6, 2010 at the Beverly Wilshire Four Seasons Hotel.

Hosted by George Lopez

Honoring Glenn and Cindy Frey

Featuring a special performance by Glenn Frey and Joe Walsh

Tickets and more information at http://www.lupusla.org/events/orange-ball/2010.php

Each year the “Loop Award” is bestowed upon individuals from the entertainment industry for their efforts on behalf of Lupus LA. This year’s recipients, Glenn and Cindy Frey, have supported the mission since its inception—Glenn has even brought his talent to the Lupus LA stage.

The Daniel J Wallace Founder’s Award will honor Dr. Renee Rinaldi for her outstanding dedication to her patients and for her passion for working toward a life without lupus.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: Glenn and Joe do benefit for Lupus LA May 6, 2010

Great cause. I hope we get some pics or video of this.

May 6, that's in between the Eagles tours.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

..hey neat.....I agree..hope we get to see some pics.....Cindy has or has had lupus, right?

Stuck on the Border

Yes, Cindy has lupus. This is a great honour for them. I will post some photos from the previous event Glenn attended.

Yes, I believe that was mentioned at an earlier Lupus LA Gala.

ETA: I see FP anticipated me!

Thanks so much for the link to that site. I had no idea that Cindy has Lupus. I wonder what type she has. My Aunt Sophie was diagnosed with lupus in 2005. The lupus she has is in her brain and is called Lupus Cerebritis. It causes her to have seizures and almost constant migraines. She has her good days and her bad days but it's taken it's toll on her over the last couple of years. It's such a sad disease and I try to learn more about it whenever I can. I called my aunt and told her about the Lupus LA site and about the benefit and she said that she will tell her Lupus support group about it and about Glenn and Joe performing. She also said that Lupus Awareness Day is on May 10. The guys are in Vancouver, BC on that date and I was thinking that may be the reason the benefit is on May 6.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

So nice that Glenn & Cindy are being honored for their work for Lupus awareness.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I guess I wasn't aware that Cindy has it and that they were so active with this foundation. I will have to tell my best friend this, she was diagnosed with Lupus almost 10 years ago. She will appreciate that.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Thanks for sharing your personal stories, Jess and Willie. It's amazing how many people are affected by Lupus. Jess, I hope your aunt's condition doesn't worsen. Hopefully, with the help of money raised by benefits like this one, researchers will be able to find a cure and/or ways to alleviate the suffering Lupus causes.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Peekaboo View Post
    Thanks so much for the link to that site. I had no idea that Cindy has Lupus. I wonder what type she has. My Aunt Sophie was diagnosed with lupus in 2005. The lupus she has is in her brain and is called Lupus Cerebritis. It causes her to have seizures and almost constant migraines. She has her good days and her bad days but it's taken it's toll on her over the last couple of years. It's such a sad disease and I try to learn more about it whenever I can. I called my aunt and told her about the Lupus LA site and about the benefit and she said that she will tell her Lupus support group about it and about Glenn and Joe performing. She also said that Lupus Awareness Day is on May 10. The guys are in Vancouver, BC on that date and I was thinking that may be the reason the benefit is on May 6.
    Pre-Concert Anticipation gives the Vancouver date as May 14.