Page 77 of 109 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Videos on YouTube and other video sites

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Joe Videos on YouTube and other video sites

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Joe miming the trombone is a scandalous accusation

I think it's Joe playing the trombone on Last Good time In Town. It's one of the dozens of questions, I'll be too dumbstruck to ask, if I ever meet him.

Joe's sorta, both a serious pro and enthusiastic amateur musician. If you check out the Eagles HFO version of You Belong To The City, Joe plays the drums.
    It's a long time since I saw it but Scott Crago played drums on that song & Joe hit the tom toms a few times.

Joe Walsh interviewed by the Sweetwater (guitar sales) company.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8kYy2aVmhI[/ame]

Nice interview. The interviewer seems to ask just enough questions--to let Joe talk and complete his thoughts. I've listened to the Howard Stern interviews--among others--and Joe hardly gets a chance to finish his sentence before the next question interrupts him.

I do hope since Joe's lovin' this band that he gets inspired to do some new recordings!

Stuck on the Border

A really good (and instructive) interview. I like how he explains about setting the parameters for his band in rehearsal so they can improvise and how this way of doing things is different from the Eagles without dissing the Eagles. And the bit about not letting you emotions get in the way - I think a lot of people would be surprised by that.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    A really good (and instructive) interview. I like how he explains about setting the parameters for his band in rehearsal so they can improvise and how this way of doing things is different from the Eagles without dissing the Eagles.
    Agreed! But improvising is more difficult than playing by the book. That said, on Walsh's current tour Waddy is probably the king of improvisation. He's such a gifted musician and an in-demand session guitarist. (Well, he's also more than a session guitarist.)

And the bit about not letting you emotions get in the way - I think a lot of people would be surprised by that.
    Joe's Buddhism, undoubtedly. I also love his tee shirt that says "Don't Believe Everything You Think," which, I believe, is also consistent with not letting your emotions control you.
    Last edited by WalshGirl; 09-16-2016 at 05:19 PM.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I really enjoyed that interview. Joe can be such a jokester that sometimes we lose sight about his vast musical talent and knowledge.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I really enjoyed that interview. Joe can be such a jokester that sometimes we lose sight about his vast musical talent and knowledge.
    Agreed!

I recently found this video, and it's not received many views. The video looks like it's from a Japanese concert titled "Hot Live '83."

Does anyone know about this concert or anything about Joe's participation in it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7DEXtJ4G4Ey

Joe sings In the City and Rocky Mountain Way.

Sorry if this has been posted before!

Banned

Thanks for posting the link WalshGirl. I've seen In The City and Rocky Mountain Way so many times but I really enjoyed viewing it.

Interesting to see In The City with horns, 20 odd years before the Eagles started doing it, and RMW with Dylan's, Everybody Must Get Stoned or Rainy Day Women whatever it is, with a wafer thin Ricky Washington on vocals, if I'm not mistaken. He's back in Joe's 2016 "Toor" band.

Wonderful to see the late great Ian Wallace on drums too. I attended a UK, Don Henley concert, in 1989. During his band introductions, name checking guys (and gals) from all corners of the USA, Don went over to the drums to ask Ian which part of the England he was from, "Bury" reiterated Don. My jaw hit the floor! Worldwide superstar Don Henley just mentioned, one of the local towns, a handful of miles from where we had traveled from to attend the concert.
    Like all British musicians, working overseas around the 60s and early 70s, Ian usually said he was from Liverpool

About the time of this gig, Joe made a wonderful album (Old Wave) with Ringo Starr. The best track on the album is a cover of She's About A Mover, a track Joe says he used to play before he was famous and it has some great interplay with Joe's guitar and, what I presume to be, the same horn players that are on this video.

Thanks again WalshGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Thanks for posting the link WalshGirl.
    You're very welcome, Funk 50!

And thank you for all that information--all of it new to me!

I did not recognize the song at the end of Rocky Mountain Way, nor did I know the drummer's identity. And what a nice story about him. Thanks!

I looked up Ringo's Old Wave album on Wikipedia. Interesting stuff. I'll check out the album on YouTube. Not only did Joe help produce it, but he also helped author several of the songs on the album. And, as you know, he later did his own version of In My Car.

I loved Joe's performance on the video. He was at his best. Would love to find the concert on DVD, but so far I've had no luck on eBay.

1983 was a busy concert year for him (27 concerts), undoubtedly because of his release of You Bought It--You Name It. I do wonder if he did other songs, like I Can Play That Rock and Roll, Shadows, etc., on the Hot Live '83 tour.