Page 95 of 109 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Videos on YouTube and other video sites

Default Re: Joe Videos on YouTube and other video sites

Here's an article on Joe's singing.
    https://forum.kentamplinvocalacademy...list-joe-walsh

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I always thought Joe was a somewhat underrated vocalist - a beautiful vocalist ... no, but, he does have a really good rock and roll voice.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I posted to this in your previous post, I believe he’s very underrated. I wish sometimes he would sing more in his lower register, and as we age voices do change, but go back and check out Collage, Fred, Etc. I love the roughness of his voice and yes dreamer he rocks!!

I thought it was strange that both my post, one on the Eagles, are from the same place.
    Joe does have a range that many don't hear. He sings the lower back up with the Eagles most the time but there is times when he's singing back up with Don, Timothy and Vince. You can tell when he's singing higher by his body language. He stretches out almost on his tiptoes when he sings high. Listen to him sing on the Grammy's Beatles Tribute "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" He nailed it. On Daryl's House when they are singing "Wrecking Ball" Daryl is singing the lead in one part. He and Joe sound the same so Joe drops down and sings low backup.
    When I first started really listening to the Eagles and Joe joined, I used to think of their voices and musical instruments. Don was a saxophone, kinda raspy but has a range. Glenn was a clarinet, clear, can play loud or soft and play with any other instrument. Randy was a piccolo, had a real high range but could harmonize easly with other instruments. Timothy was a flute, soft tone, high range but also can play lower them most people think. Joe was an oboe, can play high but can go low, harmonize with other instruments but has an unusual sound. I know I used to play one. All instruments have solo parts with their own sound.
    I read an article from a singing magazine on the 20 most underrated rock singers. Joe was number 2. They said he had a voice that could front any rock band In his songs such as RMW he's singing high one moment and low another moment It's hard for others to try and sing his songs in the key he does. When he left the James Gang, they had to lower Funk 49 two keys so the replacement singer could sing it. They said that sometimes he starts out a high baritone and ends up a high tenor.
    Hearing I'm sing on Ringo's quarantine video I think the time off has really helped his voice. Allowed him to rest it.
    Last edited by Scamp; 03-08-2021 at 09:03 AM.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
    Here's an article on Joe's singing.
    https://forum.kentamplinvocalacademy...list-joe-walsh
    One of the best vocal voices in the Eagles - WHAT ! His version of Desperado is amazing -DOUBLE WHAT -LOL ! Joe's voice is different and perfect for the type of songs he sings. Dreamer, I agree, Joe has the perfect R & R voice.

Oh boy! Oh boy! Here’s a blast from the past! 1986 interview regarding Kent State and Joe being grand marshall at Parade. Interviewer a bit jerky looking for Eagles dirt Nice quality. I’m guessing the single is “The Confessor”. Lol.....in Joe’s defense would’ve been out a while So maybe that’s the confusion. And interviewer doesn’t even name the song in question geesh. Anyways enjoy!!

Good find KingWalsh..I've seen pictures of Joe riding in the caddy for the parade. Was looking up the Measles and it lead to a Kent State site and a Kent site.
    I read an article in a Kent paper about an event at KS a lot of people that were at the shooting were going to speak. One thing that stood out to me was the writer said that Joe was going to be there and he's been surprising silent about it. I think it really affected him because when he does talk about it there is a change in his body language and the way he speaks. Paul Shaffer asked Joe about in on his show. Joe talked about how Kent was musically and politically. When Paul asked him about the shooting and how it affected him all Joe said was he "lost his innocents that day" and he left Kent.
    I did find a book by Jason Prufer, "Small Town, Big Music: The Outsized Influence of Kent Ohio on the History of Rock and Roll" When Joe read through it he offered to write a forward for it. They had it at the Kent bookstore and also on Amazon. First chapter is about Joe and the Measles as well as other groups of the time. Just glancing through it, there were a lot of groups that played there, some not as well known and some very well known. Easy reading so far and informative. Has some pictures of different groups along with the story of them. It is a good addition to my Rock and Roll stack of books.

Glad you liked it Scamp! You are right Kent had a huge affect on Joe. “Turn to Stone” was about that and that’s why I like the original from Barnstorm rather than So What, because it should be angry and gritty in my opinion. Here is a link from SoundCloud from WMMS radio station when Kent was about to have the Homecoming and they had Joe on for about 20 min or so as guest. Pretty cool. fun listen.
    https://m.soundcloud.com/filmcode/jo...student-center

and a picture of the homecoming queen Joe references in both the video above and the radio interview. Oh Joe!

That was a great find. Loved Joe on the show..Can you imagine what would have happened if he did reach that Mayor on the phone..

Lol! Scamp! IKR??????