Page 61 of 109 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Videos on YouTube and other video sites

Default Re: Joe Videos on YouTube and other video sites

Soda. I was reading that article you posted yesterday. When it was talking about the guys were thinking about getting back together in 1990, and they didn't want Joe because of the state he was in and of course from what I read Don wasn't in good terms with Joe at that moment. Its amazing they did change their minds because we don't know where Joe would be today if they didn't let him come back to the group. I'm still surprise that Glenn tour with him for the Party of 2 Tour before the 1994 tour.

Did Joe ever relapse during the early years or he's one of those guys who truly stayed sober and only went to rehab once.

I always wonder about the fact that Glenn went out w/Joe not too long before he sobered up. Did he think Joe should sober up then?

There has never really been a point in which we knew that Joe had to go back to rehab. However, there is 2012 interview with Howard Stern in which he talks about the fact that he made the mistake of getting married right around the time he got sober. What he says is something to the point of being with her challenged his sobriety. What does that mean? I don't really know.

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

I remember once he gave an interview where he said he took his last drink in 1995, but I can't remember where I saw it. I assumed he might have relapsed and taken a drink after finishing a leg of HFO because he was "allowed" to, then realized he no longer needed it. That would line up with the marriage timeline.

With the Party of Two - Glenn said in the doc that Joe was telling everybody he was ok, that there would be no problem, but that they could see there was a problem. Maybe Joe's inability to perform well on the Party of Two tour was what made it crystal clear to Glenn that no matter what Joe said, he was definitely not going to be able to do HFO unless he was sober.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Joe Walsh at Camp LeJune 8-28-1993 Full Concert. Watch now before it gets removed.....

http://youtu.be/pHprLgkVPv8

I was thinking to myself that Joe could had easily relapse at the end of his fourth marriage(or is Marjorie his fourth marriage), but he didn't. Thank goodness. I still think Marjorie was the person he was looking for so many years. The one that changed him and made him a more better person and she also goes on tour with Joe. Every where you look, she's there with him which is cool. They look like such a cute couple and Joe seems so happy now that he found that person he probably was looking for for years.

For those of you that missed last night's Ham Nation c-hosted by Joe. It's strange, I'm having a hell of a time getting the youtube videos to show up here now. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

http://youtu.be/sp4wjVU7TPc

In order for the code to work, the URL has to contain youtube.com, not the shortened youtu.be version.

I tried that in the Ham Nation thread but it didn't work either.

Hmm! Well, sometimes the uploaders will disable embedding to force you to watch it on their YouTube channel.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

I just watched last night's Ham Nation show. I did not understand half of what they were talking about but loved their passion & knowledge! And to see Joe talk about the synthesizer was like peeking into his world. Who knew Joe could be such a geek? And I say this with love & admiration!!