Page 65 of 109 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Videos on YouTube and other video sites

Default Re: Joe Videos on YouTube and other video sites

I don't know if this has been posted, but I found this video clip of Joe at a mall singing The Confessor and Indian Summer.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVasYbTqn2w[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I don't know if this has been posted, but I found this video clip of Joe at a mall singing The Confessor and Indian Summer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVasYbTqn2w
    You know in HOTE where they say that he had hit bottom & then they show the clip of him doing Cinnamon Girl? Well, I NEVER considered that clip to be the bottom for Joe. Now, having seen this Mall video in the past, I gotta say, this is it. Here's bottom. He looks like holy hell and the joke he tells is unbelievably inappropriate for a mall, etc.... Here it is, Joe at his worst. This clip makes me sad. I'm so happy he got sober and stayed sober!!

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Visitor View Post
    Enjoy this quickly before it disappears!! This is the clearest version I've seen in the nearly 30 years I've been collecting Joe stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWVmGrQD36M
    I'm also going to bring this forward because this is truly a big deal. I watched the whole thing last night. This is very exciting!! This is from a NEW source. For the 1st time in 35+ years this is the version that aired on USA TV in the 70's & NOT the Australian cut up crappy version!! This is in stereo! I can't tell you how wonderful it is to finally be able to see the expressions on everyone's faces. Not just Walsh. Watch Henley & Frey when they're playing w/Joe. Watch Vitale's face. So clear! Watch Joe clearly wiggle his ass in those beautiful brown leather pants!!!

Download this now before it disappears!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWVmGrQD36M"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWVmGrQD36M[/ame]

I haven't watched it yet, but I did download it to my computer. Joe's clips usually doesn't get pull, but I guess since the Dons, and Glenn are in it, it could be pulled.

I hate watching the old videos of Joe. Poor guy. He was in such bad shape. It looks like the early 90s (before the HFO reunion) was when he got bad with the drugs and alcohol.

I've noticed that the longer videos occasionally get pulled for Joe. Make sure you watch till the end. Don Kirshner actually thanks Irving for having all the guys on! I sat there watching this slack-jawed last night. To have this finally turn up is amazing.

I hate watching the old videos of Joe. Poor guy. He was in such bad shape. It looks like the early 90s (before the HFO reunion) was when he got bad with the drugs and alcohol.
    I agree Shun...a lot of the solo videos from the 80s and early 90s are unwatchable for me. It reminds me of how bad he was and the thought we might have lost him like so many other rock n' rollers.

This video is a good one though and I can enjoy it.

And while I think Joe looks much better during HFO, I still prefer him to be as healthy and happy looking as he is today in the current era.

From his music videos during that time, Joe didn't look bad in The Confessor and Ordinary Average Guy. I don't think Joe hit rock bottom yet for the Confessor, but was heading that way in the Ordinary Average Guy video. Those two are my favorite music videos of his. He didn't look drunk or stone in those videos, but watching concert clips. Oh my. It is hard to watch it. I'm just glad he's still alive today and healthier.

I was watching I think it was the Family Tree of the Eagles from the 90s and Joe just look lost even though he was off the drugs and alcohol when that came out. Its kinda hard to watch some of the HFO clips sometimes, but I knew he was getting better and better at that point.

From his music videos during that time, Joe didn't look bad in The Confessor and Ordinary Average Guy. I don't think Joe hit rock bottom yet for the Confessor, but was heading that way in the Ordinary Average Guy video. Those two are my favorite music videos of his. He didn't look drunk or stone in those videos, but watching concert clips. Oh my. It is hard to watch it. I'm just glad he's still alive today and healthier.

I was watching I think it was the Family Tree of the Eagles from the 90s and Joe just look lost even though he was off the drugs and alcohol when that came out. Its kinda hard to watch some of the HFO clips sometimes, but I knew he was getting better and better at that point.
    I agree. He looked great in all his 80's videos and looks very much how he looks today in the Ordinary Average Guy video. I think stylists and make-up were probably at play for the OAG video tho. It really wasn't until '93 that he looks derelict. Too skinny, un-shaven, unclean looking. He looked like a homeless person in the Travis Tritt video. I know he went to rehab very quickly after that. Thank God!!

The HFO clips are a bit difficult to watch. I know he's sober here but looks like he's terrified. Just didn't quite look like himself yet. He's had such an incredible turn around in the 2000's!! They've been very, very good to him. Amen!

I remembered Glenn saying in HOTE that Joe was still dark during the HFO era, but he finally found peace. I don't know if he was talking about him finally finding peace in the HFO era or today. I think he's more at peace and comfortable singing sober today than back in the HFO. He did look terrified.

Yeah the music videos are an exception due to having stylists.

Just watch any of the concert videos from the 80s...he looked really bad. The 80s and early 90s IMO were his worst period. Or watch the dreaded Dr. John unplugged videos. I remember crying when I saw him do Life's Been Good when I first saw that video. I won't watch them anymore.