Page 76 of 109 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Videos on YouTube and other video sites

Default Re: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

I've never even heard of Everyday People. On the one hand, it's a bummer that he's replaced original material with a cover; on the other hand, it's something different.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I've never even heard of Everyday People. On the one hand, it's a bummer that he's replaced original material with a cover; on the other hand, it's something different.
    oh Soda...you make me feel old...saying you've never heard of this song!! lol...I love it...would love to hear Joe do it!!...

Banned

Joe started performing Everyday People last year, Take It To the Limit replaced it in his set list. It could be a coincidence that he's brought it back just as the UK voted to abandon it's European friends. Some of Trump's inflammatory comments and current state of global terrorism may have influenced the decision to reinstate it in his set list too.

I've listened to Everyday People loads of times since it became a Walsh song. I'd say it's my favourite one chord song.

I suppose I should repost the link to Joe's band's version. As the only male backing singer, I'm sure it's Ricky Washington on lead vocals.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAD33P4sD1U

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yeah - I love Everyday People and think it's very appropriate in this day and time. Soda, it may be that you've heard the song and just don't recognize the title. It was a huge hit, but it was a little before your time.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Default Re: Joe Videos on YouTube and other video sites

I love Everyday People and I also think it sucks that he's replaced an original with a cover song.

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Banned

Dale Peters, the writer, bassist and lead singer of this James Gang song is embarrassed by this hippy hymn but it's worth listening to, just for the stunning Walsh guitar. Joe played keyboards when they performed it live.

The lyrics maybe a little preachy/cringey but sadly, there are still many people around today who could learn a thing or two from the song's sentiments.
    It's a great song Dale!;

The James Gang - White man, Black Man
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgklds_9h7c

White man, Black man
    Listen to me, hear what I've got to say

You've got to learn to live together
    Right now, right away

Before it's too late
    Before it's too late

Black man forget the hate that's been around for so long
    White man you've got to know that sometimes you've been wrong
    About your brother 'cause he's a good man
    You know he's just like you

The time's gonna come
    The time's gonna come

Before it's too late
    Before it's too late

Sometimes I get the feelin' that it's never gonna end
    When a brother and a sister somehow become friends
    To love each other is a good thing
    And to know is to love

You've got to love one another
    You've got to love one another

This is a good video of Walsh performing Rocky Mountain Way with Ringo Starr and his All Starr Band. The video is not dated, but it's from 1989. There's also a full video of the entire concert on YouTube if anyone is interested.

In the performance, Walsh looks a bit buzzed, but it doesn't affect his singing or guitar playing. He just looks a bit sleepy.

I also found an old video of Walsh's Life of Illusion, a favorite song of mine. It's from 1997 and in a .flv format (Adobe Flash) so the quality is mediocre. Still, I felt the video warranted posting because it includes Walsh playing trombone, beginning around 1:55. Interestingly, I recall he played the clarinet and oboe in, I believe, junior high. Wonder when he picked up the trombone?

Here are the links:

(Not sure if these videos were posted before!)

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshGirl View Post
    This is a good video of Walsh performing Rocky Mountain Way with Ringo Starr and his All Starr Band. The video is not dated, but it's from 1989. There's also a full video of the entire concert on YouTube if anyone is interested.

In the performance, Walsh looks a bit buzzed, but it doesn't affect his singing or guitar playing. He just looks a bit sleepy.

I also found an old video of Walsh's Life of Illusion, a favorite song of mine. It's from 1997 and in a .flv format (Adobe Flash) so the quality is mediocre. Still, I felt the video warranted posting because it includes Walsh playing trombone, beginning around 1:55. Interestingly, I recall he played the clarinet and oboe in, I believe, junior high. Wonder when he picked up the trombone?

Here are the links:
    (Not sure if these videos were posted before!)
    That makes me wonder if the line about 'jazz on trombone' in Last Good Time In Town is actually true. He could have been miming, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    That makes me wonder if the line about 'jazz on trombone' in Last Good Time In Town is actually true. He could have been miming, of course.
    I got curious about the trombone and started googling around and found a few references to him playing the instrument. Apparently, he picked it up at around age 12 and played it for a short time before moving on. Below in an excerpt from a recent article:

EDGE: Guitar. What led you to pick up a six-string?

Walsh: I was about 12. I was fartin’ around with stuff like clarinet, trombone for a little while, and, well, I first started on a ukulele because my aunt bought me one. All my influences really existed between 1953 and 1960. All the pre-English invasion rock and roll from the very beginning, and all the doo-wop and wonderful records that were made during that time period. The guitar was one of the major vehicles for all of that music.

from: http://www.seacoastonline.com/articl...NEWS/160729746

Banned

Joe miming the trombone is a scandalous accusation

I think it's Joe playing the trombone on Last Good time In Town. It's one of the dozens of questions, I'll be too dumbstruck to ask, if I ever meet him.

Joe's sorta, both a serious pro and enthusiastic amateur musician. If you check out the Eagles HFO version of You Belong To The City, Joe plays the drums.