Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Eagles in Portland, OR May 17 (rescheduled to May 29)

Default Re: Eagles in Portland, OR May 17

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    You filthy little girl! Meeting you, I will say, you keep your dark side hidden well... but get you behind a keyboard and you are a wild, dirty little thing!
    When I met LTL at the Timothy show in Chicago I commented to her that she wasn't anything like what I had pictured in my mind and she told me that for a "Joe Girl" I was pretty quiet! Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by jdubfan
    I previously wrote novel-length posts and blabbed on (&on&on!) about when I had a m&g w/Joe in chi in '08.
    I remember your vivid details JDF. Are you kidding me, I'll never forget them! That's why I want Rhonda and Cami to remember every detail of their M&G.

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan
    I swear someone has been watching this site and says these girls deserve this so much!!
    I'm telling you, I'm starting to get the same feeling!!!
    Does anybody know when was the last time Joe did a meet 'n greet? Why now? Why Portland? Is it just a coincidence? Does he have others scheduled?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

[quote=Prettymaid;105648]When I met LTL at the Timothy show in Chicago I commented to her that she wasn't anything like what I had pictured in my mind and she told me that for a "Joe Girl" I was pretty quiet! Lol!
    [quote]

Hmmm... did you ever tell me how you pictured me? I don't recall... was I too wild?

I'm with PM though, I want details too. As for the question, easy... boxers, briefs or camando...

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    Hmmm... did you ever tell me how you pictured me? I don't recall... was I too wild?
    I pictured you.........taller.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Sooooooo.... I wrote the Oregonian a little letter. It might be kind of pissy, I dunno. I sent it. I'll let ya know if I hear anything back. Here's the letter I sent.

Dear Oregonian Music Review Staff,

I am an Eagles fan. No, not the football team, but the Musical Group. They, as I am sure you know, are going to play here at the Rose Garden on May 17th. I am concerned about your coverage of this event. You see, I am a member of a large and devoted Eagles Fan community on line and we spend time reading the reviews coming from different venues around the country. Some of these reviews are so pathetic we’re not exactly sure why the news paper would bother. One reviewer coming from Vancouver likened himself to “The Dude” from the movie The Big Lebowski, who said “I F***ing hate The Eagles”. Now why would they send someone who hates the band to review it?

On the other hand, I don’t really care if the reviewer likes the band or not. You’d probably get a better review from someone who was somewhat neutral. My concern is in the facts. PLEASE, get them right! It’s really not that hard to actually know the name of the band members or the name of the songs and who is singing them. Almost every review we read has some really stupid mistake in it. Things as basic as the spelling of one of the band members names or getting the name of a song wrong (one reviewer called Funk 49, Falling Down, which is a completely different song done by Joe Walsh back in the Early ‘70s and he hasn’t played in at least 25 years. The Eagles never did a song called Falling down.)

I am an Oregonian, born and bred here. I am proud of my state and my city, Portland. I simply wish to not be humiliated by the ignorance of a reviewer who didn’t care enough to get his facts straight. I’d be happy to answer any questions you have about the band, or redirect you to someone who can. I’d offer to write the review myself, but, as you can tell, I’d be biased.

I don’t mean to accuse the reviewer of ignorance or being unprofessional, especially since no one has written any review yet. I know that MY hometown paper will do an excellent and professional job and be sure and check all their facts.

I hope who ever you do send to review the concert enjoys it. It seems like such a waist of a seat to send someone who’d be happier seeing Justin Beiber or Wayne Newton.

Thanks for your attention,
    Rhonda Gill
    ticky37@comcast.net

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Good job Rhonda!! I'll be anxious to see if you get an answer.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Good for you, Rhonda. I am now going to be eagerly awaiting that review to see what they have to say. Who knows maybe you will get a response.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

This show has also been postponed according to KGON and some other site's info. Hope too that the M and G will be rescheduled. Hang on Timothy, prayers for you and yur drs to get this figured out soon.
    http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5084/5316660629_4a27633c34.jpg
    Good morning my ...
    ~Deb~

Yeah, I did a Google search and found this on OregonLive:
    Eagles “Long Road Out of Eden” Tour
    PORTLAND CONCERT POSTPONED

"The Eagles concert scheduled for May 17th in Portland has been postponed due to an illness of Eagles bassist and vocalist Timothy Schmit."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Well nuts... guess that explains the M&G cancellation....

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - sadly, I'm not surprised about this, as a matter of fact I was pretty much expecting it after they announced the cancellation of the M&G. Rhonda and Cami, I am really sorry about this for both of you. But, I'm sure that the show will be rescheduled, and maybe this actually ups the chances that the M&G will be rescheduled as well since the two cancellations are apparently related. Let's just see if positive thinking has any real power!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016