Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
Now, about the Monkees: I watched them the first go-round too, and I had a huge crush on Davy. I was tickled when MTV ran their old episodes back in the 80s. About five years ago, Davy actually came to Birmingham to do a midnight concert on the day after Thanksgiving at our largest mall, The Galleria. I loaded up my van with my daughters, their friends, and several of their moms, and we did the "Thanksgiving Rock & Shop" until the wee hours. I stood in line to get my picture made with Davy while everyone else shopped. He was just as cute in person, and sweet and gracious too, signing autographs and posing for pictures all night long. Great fun!
You got your picture made with Davy? Cool! I remember entering an MTV contest to meet the Monkees. I was so disappointed when I didn't win - and so jealous of the girl that did! I remember being disgusted when I watched the filmed meeting and the girl didn't even know how to do the Monkee walk. lol

The first concert I ever went to was a Monkees concert, for their anniversary tour. The Monkees were also my first computer project. My family got a computer around that time, but I never had much reason to type anything on it, and I wanted one. I decided that I would type up all the lyrics to all of the Monkees songs and call it "The Monkee Treasury." I did it over several weeks, and all was well, until one of my Dad's friends accidentally deleted it! Back then there was no "recycle bin." Nancy was not happy! And look at me now, 20 years later, still typing up lyrics.