Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: West Hollywood House of Blues 2-20-10 (Benefit)

Default Re: Glenn Frey in Hollywood Feb. 20 (Benefit w/ Deacon)

So glad you were there to take "real" photos, Cami! I'm going to make one of them my avatar!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Thank you Soda & WT for the videos and the fantastic pics!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Okay – back again to continue talking about this incredible experience for any Frey fan. First of all, as always, it was great seeing Soda again (it had been a while, Nanc) and meeting another fan and fellow Borderer for the first time. Cami – it was fun getting to know you and maybe we’ll be able to get together at another show sometime. And thanks to both of you for the amazing audio, video, and photos. I’m one of those that don’t like to be distracted by such stuff at a show, But I really do appreciate that there are others who don’t mind cause I sure enjoy watching and hearing the fruits of their labor. My job was the ‘observer’ – I would see something and say “Hey get a picture of this” or “Make sure you get that on video”.

Even though the weekend went by so quickly, we got in a bit of sightseeing. After two trips in as many years, I feel like I can find my way around pretty well now. We got to see the Hollywood sign, a bit of the Walk of Stars, Grauman’s Chinese Theater (all from the car). Also took rides through Laurel and Coldwater Canyons, Beverly Hills (yep, we saw the hotel again), and some of Bel Air. After the show Saturday night, we walked over to the Troubadour. Unfortunately, unlike last time, the bar was packed on this night so we didn’t even order a drink. We did get to sit for a little while in ‘Glenn’s spot’ right under the Eagles plaque that they have on the wall.

Back to the show, my mind is still blown. It was so totally different from what I was expecting, but in a VERY good way. Even though it was open to the public, it definitely had the ‘vibe’ of a private event. I really think Glenn and ‘the band’ must have put in quite a bit of time and effort deciding on the set list and putting this show together. I think they probably succeeded in raising a lot of money for these very worthy causes to make it worth their while. I sure hope so and I feel really privileged to have been there to see such a talented group of musicians of all ages.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

BTW dreamer - thanks for the reminder about Mangicaro. Can't believe I forgot him - but there were so many guys up there!

P.S. In case anyone's confused, I moved all the posts since Saturday to the Concert Reviews forum for organizational purposes.

Default Re: West Hollywood House of Blues 2-21-10 (Benefit)

It's exciting enough living this concert vicariously through you guys. I can only imagine what you felt actually experiencing it!

Soda, I love your choice of avatar. I am really loving Glenn's look.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Default Re: West Hollywood House of Blues 2-21-10 (Benefit)

I'm just glad some of us could make it - and have video and photos too so that we can remember it better! So glad Glenn didn't seem to have an issue with us taking video (but then again we were surrounded by others doing the same).

As for Glenn's great look, it was even better in person!

Also, I wanted to add to what Dreamer said about our trip to the Trouadour:

Although the trip to the Troubadour afterwards was hard on my aching feet (I was wearing high-heeled platform boots and the walk was over a mile, plus this was after walking over a mile to get to the House of Blues and dancing around there for several hours), I'm glad we went. While it was true it was too crowded to make getting a drink worthwhile - we'd have had to fight our way to the bar and I was draggin' as it was - it was in a way cool to experience it being that crowded, because you know it was like that "back in the day" as well.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    Look closely at the Fender Amp behind the guy playing Bass. Really hi-tech the way they have that amp "mic'd". The mic is just dangling over the top of the amp, touching the enclosure <LOL> I'll bet they are getting some really "special effects" out of that!

Mike! You crack me up!!!!! Seriously. Here we all are drooling over how well Glenn Deacon and the others looked and you drool over....................the AMP!

Wonderful reviews and pictures everybody. I LOVE Glenn 's outfit. Mmmmmm
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Default Re: West Hollywood House of Blues 2-20-10 (Benefit)

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Although the trip to the Troubadour afterwards was hard on my aching feet (I was wearing high-heeled platform boots and the walk was over a mile, plus this was after walking over a mile to get to the House of Blues and dancing around there for several hours), I'm glad we went.
    Those shoes Nancy? You would think you've learned your lesson by now!

Lovin' the photos Cami!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Default Re: West Hollywood House of Blues 2-20-10 (Benefit)

What can I say

MikeA

Quote Originally Posted by pueblo47 View Post
    Really nice shots! A pro couldn't have done better! Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks! I was really happy with them considering I used my phone camera.