Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: West Hollywood House of Blues 2-20-10 (Benefit)

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Glenn Frey in Hollywood Feb. 20 (Benefit w/ Deacon)

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    THANK YOU SODA!!!! Love them--can't wait to see the rest. Will get them downloaded on my Itunes today for sure! Those first few notes of YBTTC just send chills down my spine every time! Love that horn!
    How do I download the audio files? I'm sorry but I have no idea. I am used to seeing them already converted to mp3 files and I don't know how to do it myself.

Thanks for the photos.

ETA: The videos are perfect. Talk about back to basics, mixing things up, being different. I am so proud (in Werewolves 'and his hair was perfect'.... indeed).
    Last edited by Freypower; 02-22-2010 at 07:58 PM.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: West Hollywood House of Blues 2-20-10 (Benefit)

FP- I use this. Just go into YouTube, copy the url and paste to the program and it will copy it. Open it with Itunes--and you've got new stuff from Glenn. Very, very easy. (You know it is if I can do it!)

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/free-dvd-video-software.htm
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border

Willie, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

The MP3s even have their own artwork!!!!

Sometimes Glenn, looks so good that you just want to grab him and
    Oh they tell me there is a place over younder cool water running through the burning sand until we learn to love one another we will never reach the promised land. Hole In The World 2001

And Life in the Fast Lane!

(Note: First 40 seconds are of the stage)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGpSDI-7JaM[/ame]

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Love the stories and the video's! Hopefully you get to keep them up Nanc....I just got a notice that my Boys of Summer video from Fargo was issued a copyright complaint by Cass County Music

Doesn't Don have anything better to do than to ruin people's fun?

I wrote up some thoughts about the lead-in bands, if anyone wants to read them:

The first act to play came out right on time at 7:30. To my surprise, they appeared to be middle-schoolers. It soon became evident why they were playing: the keyboard player was Don Was’ younger son, Sol. They were adorable, though. They played “I’m Yours” by Jason Mraz and another song I’m embarrassed to say I’ve already forgotten. I made sure to smile big and applaud a lot for them, as they seemed a bit nervous. It wasn’t fake, though; they did a good job…. At least, from what I could hear. For the first few acts, the sound was wretched where we were standing. We could hear the instruments just fine, but the vocals were absolutely indistinguishable unless the singer was right above us. It was strange to be just a few feet from someone and not be able to hear them sing over the instruments!

Next, Deacon came out with the other three teens that make up “Headthief Productions,” the organization they created to put together the Roxy benefit in 2008 and which has organized these annually ever since (they mentioned the fact that they had been doing these benefits for three years). They’re made up of Deacon, Don Was’ son Henry Fagenson, guitarist/singer Nick Shapiro, and a girl named Dylan who seemed to be the only non-musician. Indeed, girls were scarce on stage that night – only one performed, singing with Nick’s band, (NC)2. The four gave a brief speech about the charities the show was benefiting, taking turns speaking. I’m afraid they didn’t get the attention from the kids on the floor that they deserved when describing the fact that children in Africa get so few chances at an education and the degree of the devastation in Haiti, but it was important information nonetheless. They also said a guy would be coming around with a bucket that we could put more money into if so inclined. Deacon ended the speech by extending a special thanks to Irving Azoff for helping them so much with bringing the benefit together.

Next up was Animal Husbandry. After looking at their MySpace I wasn’t quite sure what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised. It was a large group – I think there were seven people onstage – and I really enjoyed it when they rocked out (although, since the vocals were so hard to distinguish, any slower vocal-oriented parts were pretty much lost). Sometimes songs would start out kind of funky and I’d think “Eh, I don’t know about that” but then they would get going and I started liking ‘em! As I mentioned earlier, I saw one of the lead singers on my way to the bathroom later and told him they did a good job. He thanked me, but since he was apparently surrounded by admirers, he must’ve known by then they were a hit.

After that, (NC)2 came out. Before they played, Nick asked for us to give another hand to Animal Husbandry because they were “f—king awesome” and added that it was an honor to follow them. I guess he was the one who enlisted them for this benefit. At any rate, here we finally had a girl as well, who sang lead on half of a song but mostly backed Nick. In the ladies' room prior to the show, I'd overheard her mother proudly talking about her daughter performing in an hour. The mother sounded like a parent before a recital, and it was sweet. The girl really got into her vocals and we gave her lots of applause. I wish I could have heard her better. (NC)2 seemed to be playing mostly original songs, but since I couldn’t make out most of the lyrics, it’s hard to say. I know they played at least one cover, "Cinnamon Girl." Unfortunately, they were cut short by Victor (the guitar tech for the Eagles) who told them they had exceeded their time limit. As much as I wanted Glenn to come out, I felt bad for them. They looked so disappointed and it seems to me it wouldn’t have hurt to let them play one more song, but oh well.

It was time for Ziggy Marley, accompanied only by his guitar and a man on a bongo drum. Fortunately, the sound vastly improved and I was able to hear him very clearly. He has a cool sound and I enjoyed him, singing and dancing along. He sang “Love Is My Religion,” "Family Time," "Redemption Song," and “True to Myself.” At the end of "True to Myself," he had everyone sing along a capella to the chorus "Got to be true to myself, got to be true to myself." It was great. Those are all I remember - Dreamer thinks he did another song, but if so, I've forgotten what it is.

Then, of course, time for the final act - and you know the rest!

Found a little mention of the show on the KLOS site.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    How do I download the audio files? I'm sorry but I have no idea. I am used to seeing them already converted to mp3 files and I don't know how to do it myself.
    I've been using this for a while and it works great and is easy to use...and it is FREE. You just copy the URL from a YouTube video that you want the audio from and paste the link into the opened window the software provides. Sit back and let it do its thing and wall-laaa....you have an MP3

http://download.cnet.com/YouTube-Dow...ss&tag=nl.e415

Now, with that said, I just looked at the DVDVideosoft program (Thanks Willie!) I think it has more features. Over the years, I've had trouble finding software that would convert WMA to MP3 or the other way around. This software does that. If you use Windows Mediaplayer any to rip CDs, chances are that you have a lot of WMA files on our computer. A lot of software (especially free software) will not accept WMA format. AUDACITY for instance, will not take WMA. So you have to convert it to something it is happy with in order to manipulate the music.

I'd look into DVDVideosoft if I were looking for any conversion options. Of course it should handly the FLV files too and convert them to Audio only. That is all that that YouTubeDownloader will do.

MikeA