Page 54 of 74 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Thread: Keith Urban

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Default Re: Keith Urban

Hi I really liked the performance of Keith and Kris Even Keith did sound a little bit hoarse because of the concerts he did the last weeks. Still no tour dates for Germany, meanwhile I'm frustrated. It's very very hard for me to read all the reviews and see the photos People are thrilled and they are saying it's his best tour.

I love when he's doing an Eagles Song.

Together with Dierks Bentley
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NqKBKyVzmg[/ame]

Keith is just so darn adorable

I love his new song Kiss a girl

Maleah, I'm glad to see you And EagleLady of course

Kiss A Girl is one great song. Have you got his album Defying Gravity? Currently Standing Right In Front Of You is my favorite song. His guitar playing on Til Summer Comes Around is outstanding. And I can't understand why the bonus song Going Crazy World didn't make it on the album.

As much as I love DG, and I really do, much more than LP&TWCT, it seems he's not able anymore to write good lyrics because his new and happy life
    You must admit the lyrics of most of the songs are a bit trivial, if this is the right word.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Blasphemy, EF! lol

I really like DG, but I LOVE LP & TWCW cd. Maybe it will grow on me more as time goes by.

Did you notice he has cut his hair pretty short? I loved it long.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Ok, I will try not to pay so much attention to the lyrics LOL

Yeah, I noticed that Me too... much too short in the neck, he shouldn't do that. I guess Nicole has too much influence on him LOL
    And he wore tight plaid shirts recently on stage. Don't know what's wrong with him LOL

Yep, I have the cd! I actually really like it. My favorites are "Til Summer Comes Around, "Only You Can Love Me This Way," and "Thank You." Especially Til Summer Comes Around though! I love the guitar and it has such a moody sound to it. It's fantastic. The next two are really sweet and catchy. I also really like "Sweet Thing" and "Kiss A Girl."

I don't know that I would call the lyrics trivial per say. They're obviously not trivial to him as this is a very happy time in his life and they reflect that. I'd say that on some of the songs the lyrics come across as a tad on the cheesy or light side though. But still, I've never known Keith's songs to be deep on the level of a Henley, Bono, or so on. But this cd doesn't have as much variety lyrically as his others do. But it's fun and I enjoy it! I'm glad he's so happy. As much as I was not a fan of Nicole before he married her, they seem to be a good fit for each other and obviously very happy. Keith's had a rough life so it's good to see him in such a good place right now. It'd be cool if he'd cover an Eagles song or two on an upcoming album!

You nailed it, Maleah. The album totally reflects his happy life. I heard some people saying that they wish to see him not so happy and I found it very rude. Don't know if this should be a joke or so.
    And I'm with you, I didn't like Nicole either before they got married but now I see they are very happy with each other and that's the main point for me.

And I would say he goes back a little bit to his roots I mean the country sound he made earlier. Every time I listen it reminds me of Golden Road which is his best IMO.
    I love every song on DG but Why It Feels So Long, I don't like the reggae thing.
    I heard him saying he don't like Love, Pain... very much. I didn't know that.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

His happiness on his new album really shines through for me, too. And I also didn't really care for Nicole, but they look so happy together whenever I see them together, that it must be working, so that's great for them.

Very well put, Maleah.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten