Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Random Victims, Pt 3

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Random Victims, Pt 3

I always thought I Broke My Toe was Joe.

Maybe this inspired the song Joe wrote later entitled "I Broke My Leg."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border

Cool Re: Random Victims, Pt 3

Hi everyone, sorry I'm answering this a year later- you might all know the answer by now.

Glenn is singing the lead vocal, Joe is the main backup vocal (repeating lines), Felder is the deep voice, Henley and Tim are briefly repeating here and there.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Hi Brian and welcome to The Border.

Just curious about your post - is this your opinion or do you have some inside knowledge about who was singing on the Random Victim tracks? Cause if it's the latter, I have a lot of questions I'd like to ask you.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Welcome, BC! Thanks for the info. I'm curious about it, too!

Out on the Border

I know, I know, necro-ing a thread isn't the greatest way to make a first post, but this has been bugging me and I didn't want to start a whole new thread on this topic. Anyway, does anyone know what Glenn is singing/playing starting at about 1:21? It's only about 8 seconds or so, but I love it and can't figure out what it is. I'm thinking it's not something he's just making up off the top of his head because it almost sounds like he's trying to remember how it goes. Any ideas?

Welcome, Zimmy! I'll check that out when I'm a little more awake and get back to you on it, lol. Deciphering this stuff never gets old.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Welcome, Zimmy! I'll check that out when I'm a little more awake and get back to you on it, lol. Deciphering this stuff never gets old.
    Thanks for the welcome and I look forward to hearing your ideas because I'm stuck on this one haha

Border Desperado

Glad to find this older thread (by accident). I'd just run across this cut and was asking about it on another thread.

At about 2:56 you can hear Felder laughing and then saying, Do another cut. At 3:06 you hear him saying, If we do it too good, we'll have to write lyrics to it, plus all the good fills (?) and everything are in the demo.

This is when he still has a Gainsville accent. He sound the same as in HOTE when he is comparing the band to how a president looks when they come out of office and all the guys got a big laugh from that.

Out on the Border
    Some sort of inn.. A monkey wearing a fancy scarf above me.. I’ll just order some wine I guess

Hotel California sounds like Glenn to me, also because when the song stops he immediately starts talking

I hear some Glenn in the Wait wait wait part, and some Tim too! The “we love to” at the beginning is most obvious Tim

I would say the squib after King of Hollywood is Joe

Before he does the squib thing, you hear two voices saying squib/scrib, the first time being Glenn and the second one seems like one of the Dons (I guess) so I would say Joe does the squib thing, also because it sounds most like him. On the other hand, the high voice that sings KOH toghether with Don Henley seems like the same guy who does the squibbing, and the singing doesn’t sound like Joe to me! More like Glenn…

My favorite part is Joe Walsh singing PMAIAR, it’s hilarious

So far The Silk Scarf Monkey’s research

Glenn: Good evening, we're the Eagles from Los Angeles...
    Joe: Hey tell you what, if you got firecrackers, save 'em until you get home, lock yourself in the closet and light everything you got okay?
    Glenn: ... Thank you Joe!