Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Eagles in St. Louis, MO June 24, 2010

Default Re: Eagles Ticket Prices

Welcome LLD!

I sure hope they do this for other shows.... *cough*CHICAGO*cough*

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Eagles in St. Louis, MO June 24, 2010

Well, I did call in about the half price tickets last night. That "special" was only for 1 weekend and was done to try to drum up more sales. I did my complaining, for what it was worth. To me, it's just not fair to the fans that went ahead and bought tickets early for them to discount them and not offer a refund to early buyers. Or I don't think it was fair. I suppose that kind of thing happens all the time though.

Anyways, the guy told me to send in an email to customer service.

ETA: I checked tickets this morning and Section A's (5 groups) are still available, although in the back.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I'm with you, Brooke - doesn't seem fair to me either. But, I guess they didn't ask us, huh. I'm thinking they look at it the same way of a store holding a clearence sale, but still ...

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Well, I did call in about the half price tickets last night. That "special" was only for 1 weekend and was done to try to drum up more sales. I did my complaining, for what it was worth. To me, it's just not fair to the fans that went ahead and bought tickets early for them to discount them and not offer a refund to early buyers. Or I don't think it was fair. I suppose that kind of thing happens all the time though.

Anyways, the guy told me to send in an email to customer service.

ETA: I checked tickets this morning and Section A's (5 groups) are still available, although in the back.
    The special appears to still be going on, unless I'm missing something. If I type in the code "EAGLES" in the box on Tickets.com it still acknowledges the code and reduces the prices on all available tickets by half. I checked to see what the best floor seats available right now are and I found some A3 row 23 seats and A5 row 22 seats. These are the sections just to the left and right of the A4 dead-center section. They are back a little bit but $112.50 for those seats seems like a bargain compared to the $225 they once were.

On a similar note, I will be going to see Sting in St. Louis the day before this concert and Ticketmaster was having a sale where they were waiving their service charge fee. Things are tough all over for concerts, I suppose. I saved a little bit, but it wasn't even close to half-price. Anyway, I received a questionnaire after I bought my tickets and was asked how I felt about the discounted tickets. Some of the choices they offered suggested to me that they realize they might be making some people angry by discounting ticket prices for a select few who purchased later. I think they're really trying to figure out how to handle the sluggish demand they've been seeing for concerts.

They better be careful or they'll have everybody waiting to buy their tickets until after they've lowered the prices. I believe we'd all agree they would be wise to just bring prices down to reasonable levels to begin with and stop gouging everybody.

Hmmmm, I tried that but never got the "special price".

I suppose it's like dreamer said about clearance sales. But it still makes me mad.

The link below still works for me. Well, at least it's showing the lower prices. I'm assuming it would let you check out at those prices as well.

Go here.....

http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/Tick...RT&pid=6734340

Then just enter the word 'EAGLES' (without the single quotes and in all-caps) and it gives you a message that the coupon code has been validated and the prices drop. I hope it works for everyone who might need it. Heck, maybe I just have a magical computer or something.

Brooke, if it makes you feel any better, I paid over face value for the floor seats I have.

I tried it. Brooke, don't forget to hit the red "Validate" button by where you enter "EAGLES."

I pulled up A5, row 15 when I did it just now.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......ma kes a girl wanta

LLD, would love to meet another Borderer/Eagles fan. Are you going early to see the DC, too?

Brooke, I'm not a huge DC fan but I'll probably be there for some part of it since it's included in my ticket price. I'm not from St. Louis so this is sort of a mini-vacation for us. I'm soooo looking forward to getting away from work.