Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Keith Urban and Dixie Chicks to open for Eagles in June!

Default Re: Keith Urban and Dixie Chicks to open for Eagles in June!

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Well, with the cancellation of three of the originally scheduled shows for this tour, we are down to only six shows. Keith Urban is only scheduled for three of them, so those of you who can get to one of those shows are in for a rare treat apparently. The Washington, D.C., Hershey, PA., and Philadelphia, PA. shows have all been cancelled. The shows that are still on are:

Toronto, CA (Dixie Chicks but no Keith Urban)
    East Rutherford, NJ (Keith Urban and the Dixie Chicks)
    Foxboro, MA (Keith Urban and the Dixie Chicks)
    Chicago, IL (Keith Urban and the Dixie Chicks)
    Winnipeg, CA (Dixie Chicks but no Keith Urban)
    St. Louis, MO (Dixie Chicks but no Keith Urban)

We were beginning to speculate in another thread as to why these shows are being cancelled, and, of course, none of us know the reason for sure. Could have been a variety of reasons such as low ticket sales, problems with the promoters, logistical problems with the venues or artists, or any number of other things.

It seems strange to me if the problem was low ticket sales because the Eagles aren't having to cancel shows where they are appearing solo. Keith Urban also seems to also be doing alright with his ticket sales. So to continue the speculation, I wonder if this was just the wrong combination of acts that fans just didn't go for. Personally, I think the Eagles and Keith were a good match up. I wonder if the Dixie Chicks are what hurt them here. I'm curious about what others think about this. Is the Dixie Chicks backlash still going on or is there some other reason for the cancellations?
    I think it probably is indeed due to low ticket sales, but I think that's due to the price of tickets in this economy. I don't think it's the political beliefs of the Dixie Chicks that are keeping people away; I think it's the fact that tickets top out at over $200. What you can get for tickets in Chicago doesn't necessarily translate to Pennsylvania.

I just hope these are the last of the cancellations. I remember when Don Henley and Stevie Nicks toured in 2005 - ticket sales were not the greatest, and they wound up only playing 10 shows. I forget how many shows were canceled, but it was more than a couple.

Keith Urban and The Dixie Chicks have their audiences, but they are not the kind of draw that the Eagles are. Maybe if the Eagles had paired with a powerhouse like Fleetwood Mac as was originally rumoured, the shows would be selling better. Keith Urban and the Chicks just aren't an acceptable substitute for half an Eagles show in the minds of many Eagles fans, and I think the ticket sales reflect that.

I'll still take it over nothing, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Maidstone
    So Dixie Chicks and KU are not opening for Eagles in Dallas on June 26th. Right?
    Right.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Larry listens to a lot of talk radio, especially out of Chicago and he told me that on the Chicago station he was listening to yesterday (I believe he said WGN) they were talking about the concert at Soldier Field and that there were LOTS of tickets still available. The DJ went so far as to make comments along the line as knowing the Eagles can sell but how about the other acts with the Eagles?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Well, Keith can sell out a venue by himself. I've been there. So I don't really understand the slow ticket sales at the shows where he's there. DC, not so much.

Sadly, he's not at the St. Louis show.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I've received three emails today from TicketBastard/Live Nation, Toyota Ctr in Houston and from American Airlines Ctr in Dallas saying they have extra tickets just released for these three concerts:

Taylor Swift (Toyota Ctr)
    Michael Buble (AA Ctr) over 700 seats available now just released for a July concert
    Chicago/Doobie Bros tour: sale of 2 for 1 seats for this summer - many venues listed from this email

Meaning there are a lot fewer of us going to see concerts this year.

I just thought that was interesting I got bombarded today with emails re: concert tickets for sale.
    Maid

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maidstone View Post
    Chicago/Doobie Bros tour: sale of 2 for 1 seats for this summer

Maid
    This got my attention!! I would be at a hell of a lot more shows if more acts did that! I wonder if it's any seats in the venue or just select sections.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I went out and bought Keith Urban's Greatest Hits in preparation for seeing him with the Eagles. I agree with those who've sung his praises - this guy is good! I'm just sorry he won't be at all the shows.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Told ya, Soda!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Is anyone going to Chicago? I still haven't bought tix and I'm still not sure! I have other plans that night, but I could easily get out of them. I'm just not itching to pay those tix prices.

I haven't even listened to the guys in about at week... but I'm listening now and I'm thinking... how can I NOT go? They are SO awesome! Just not loving the stadium idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Told ya, Soda!
    True, but the first person to introduce me to Keith was EasyFeeling - it's just that it was nice to get re-acquainted with Mr. Urban.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I went out and bought Keith Urban's Greatest Hits in preparation for seeing him with the Eagles. I agree with those who've sung his praises - this guy is good! I'm just sorry he won't be at all the shows.
    This guy is fantastic! Good for you Soda! You will love it! Will he be at the shows you are going to?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten