Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
Well, with the cancellation of three of the originally scheduled shows for this tour, we are down to only six shows. Keith Urban is only scheduled for three of them, so those of you who can get to one of those shows are in for a rare treat apparently. The Washington, D.C., Hershey, PA., and Philadelphia, PA. shows have all been cancelled. The shows that are still on are:

Toronto, CA (Dixie Chicks but no Keith Urban)
East Rutherford, NJ (Keith Urban and the Dixie Chicks)
Foxboro, MA (Keith Urban and the Dixie Chicks)
Chicago, IL (Keith Urban and the Dixie Chicks)
Winnipeg, CA (Dixie Chicks but no Keith Urban)
St. Louis, MO (Dixie Chicks but no Keith Urban)

We were beginning to speculate in another thread as to why these shows are being cancelled, and, of course, none of us know the reason for sure. Could have been a variety of reasons such as low ticket sales, problems with the promoters, logistical problems with the venues or artists, or any number of other things.

It seems strange to me if the problem was low ticket sales because the Eagles aren't having to cancel shows where they are appearing solo. Keith Urban also seems to also be doing alright with his ticket sales. So to continue the speculation, I wonder if this was just the wrong combination of acts that fans just didn't go for. Personally, I think the Eagles and Keith were a good match up. I wonder if the Dixie Chicks are what hurt them here. I'm curious about what others think about this. Is the Dixie Chicks backlash still going on or is there some other reason for the cancellations?
I think it probably is indeed due to low ticket sales, but I think that's due to the price of tickets in this economy. I don't think it's the political beliefs of the Dixie Chicks that are keeping people away; I think it's the fact that tickets top out at over $200. What you can get for tickets in Chicago doesn't necessarily translate to Pennsylvania.

I just hope these are the last of the cancellations. I remember when Don Henley and Stevie Nicks toured in 2005 - ticket sales were not the greatest, and they wound up only playing 10 shows. I forget how many shows were canceled, but it was more than a couple.

Keith Urban and The Dixie Chicks have their audiences, but they are not the kind of draw that the Eagles are. Maybe if the Eagles had paired with a powerhouse like Fleetwood Mac as was originally rumoured, the shows would be selling better. Keith Urban and the Chicks just aren't an acceptable substitute for half an Eagles show in the minds of many Eagles fans, and I think the ticket sales reflect that.

I'll still take it over nothing, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Maidstone
So Dixie Chicks and KU are not opening for Eagles in Dallas on June 26th. Right?
Right.