Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Keith Urban and Dixie Chicks to open for Eagles in June!

Default Re: Keith Urban and Dixie Chicks to open for Eagles in June!

Never underestimate the magic of Stevie Nicks, TBF!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Oh- I would never underestimate Stevie--you should know that by now. She sounded great in that video but......

BTW--will also say I didn't hate the Keith & LA video of 7BR either. It was pretty good but doesn't mean I want the Chicks singing it with our guys.

GH --glad to know I'm not the only one feeling that way!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Oh- I would never underestimate Stevie--you should know that by now.
    Oh, I know, I was just teasing. But I never get tired of watching that video. They sound terrific together. Plus, in 2001, Stevie released the song "Too far from Texas" which also featured great harmony from Natalie Maines. I can't find it online so you guys can hear it, but I have listened to it many, many times, and I love it. So, keeping that in mind, I will go ahead and say...

While it's true that they aren't the greatest songwriters in the world, The Dixie Chicks can harmonize like nobody's business and the ladies can play as well as sing (the one on the fiddle is especially talented). In other words, they ain't so bad.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

And I was so counting on you to stick with me on this one. I could be the lone wolf in this by the end of it.
    Man, I am dangling by a thread on this! But I just keep remembering how much I used to love the DC's!

I guess it's all about forgiveness!

I'm still not at all pleased with the prices though.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I'm still not at all pleased with the prices though.
    Yes, I will not be attending any of these shows, so I guess it's all the same to me!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by EagleLady View Post
    I'd pay anything to see all three together anyways.
    EL, this aroused my curiosity. You once said in chat that you've never seen the Eagles live. Now you say you would pay to see all three acts together.

Are you saying that the Eagles on their own was never enough incentive for you to want to see them live? As I remember you said you couldn't afford to see them.

Are you considering going to see all three acts?

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    EL, this aroused my curiosity. You once said in chat that you've never seen the Eagles live. Now you say you would pay to see all three acts together.

Are you saying that the Eagles on their own was never enough incentive for you to want to see them live? As I remember you said you couldn't afford to see them.

Are you considering going to see all three acts?

Sorry if I confused you. I only meant if I could, I would see all three acts. Even The guys by themselves

I've been watching the Keith Urban SBR videos with different artists and have come to the conclusion that it would be so cool for Keith to leave this in his show and say something like, "I have some very special friends here tonight who are going to help me with this next one..." and out come the Eagles!

Why it should happen: This would not only give the audience a sneak peak of the guys before they do their own set, it would make them appear accessable and humble, I think. The crowd would go wild!

Why it won't happen: Unfortunately, I'm afraid the Eagles would not agree to this because they would feel it would somehow lower them as the status of being the main attraction. But they would be wrong. When Joe came onstage before his set and played with JD and the Straight Shots at the IL State Fair the crowd loved it. It made him seem very humble and down to earth. Now I realize that Joe is not the Eagles, but as I stated, I think this would just make the crowd anxious for more. In fact, I should be on the planning committee for this show...
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border

And I was so counting on you to stick with me on this one. I could be the lone wolf in this by the end of it.
    Nope, Willie, I've got your back!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    I've been watching the Keith Urban SBR videos with different artists and have come to the conclusion that it would be so cool for Keith to leave this in his show and say something like, "I have some very special friends here tonight who are going to help me with this next one..." and out come the Eagles!

Why it should happen: This would not only give the audience a sneak peak of the guys before they do their own set, it would make them appear accessable and humble, I think. The crowd would go wild!

Why it won't happen: Unfortunately, I'm afraid the Eagles would not agree to this because they would feel it would somehow lower them as the status of being the main attraction. But they would be wrong. When Joe came onstage before his set and played with JD and the Straight Shots at the IL State Fair the crowd loved it. It made him seem very humble and down to earth. Now I realize that Joe is not the Eagles, but as I stated, I think this would just make the crowd anxious for more. In fact, I should be on the planning committee for this show...
    Pm, excellent idea and I vote for you!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten