Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Keith Urban and Dixie Chicks to open for Eagles in June!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Keith Urban and Dixie Chicks to open for Eagles in June!

PM -total agreement with you. Think it would be awesome for the guys to do that but also agree, I'm sure Hell Freezes Over before it happens.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border

'Accessible and humble'?

I love the Eagles as much as anyone, but neither of the above words apply to them on a collective basis.

I could not envisage them agreeing to be Urban's 'special friends'. They are the main act, not him. It would make more sense if he were to join them during their set.
    Last edited by Freypower; 03-25-2010 at 05:53 PM.

..I know that very few of you will agree with me...but I REALLY don't want to hear anybody else but the EAGLES doing their songs...nor do I want to hear the Eagles doing any of Keith's or the DC's songs....with the cost of the tickets being what they are...let the guys do their own thing...I am obviously, not a big country music fan...and I really have no interest in seeing these country acts, but if this is what I have to do to see my boys..well I guess I'll put up with it....but PLEASE...no singing together...

I think it would be awesome if they all sang together.

I understand what you're saying, GH, but if they do songs which they wouldn't do otherwise, it's worth it to me. Something different, you know?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Yes, but the chances of it happening are about the same as the Eagles changing the setlist. They don't do this sort of thing. It's all very well to say 'you can't rule anything out' but experience suggests otherwise. The DCs and Urban are just support acts - not a collaboration. And I am with GH on this. I want to see the Eagles sing their songs, nobody else. None of this applies to me anyway as I won't see this tour.

*NB I know Glenn did not appear to rule out singing with the DCs. Quite honestly, though, if he had not been asked the question I doubt it would even have occurred to him.

..I'm still trying to decide if this is worth my flight out to Ontario, ticket price, motels, etc.......I'm thinking I will wait and see what the EAGLES alone will be doing late summer/fall........I could end up being very disappointed though...what to do, what to do?????????...I keep thinking of the excellent show I saw in Boston, summer of 2008....nothing will ever compare to that again since they "can't do 3 hour shows anymore"....which I totally understand, of course.......

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Glennhoney View Post
    ..I'm still trying to decide if this is worth my flight out to Ontario, ticket price, motels, etc.......I'm thinking I will wait and see what the EAGLES alone will be doing late summer/fall........I could end up being very disappointed though...what to do, what to do?????????...I keep thinking of the excellent show I saw in Boston, summer of 2008....nothing will ever compare to that again since they "can't do 3 hour shows anymore"....which I totally understand, of course.......
    I think you should go, because I can tell you what I expect they will be doing in your autumn.

They will be in Asia & Australia.

We HOPE.

..now THAT would be quite a trip....hope your wish comes true...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Sorry, GH - I'm with Soda here. I don't know if this will happen or not, but it is possible that all three acts will take the stage together at some point. If they do, what better song could there be for them to perform than 7BR? I would personally love to see it. I'm not saying it will hapeen, but it is certainly not impossible. We were discussing this in another thread not too long ago - even though the Eagles are known to stick to their set list during a show, they have been known to mix things up a bit at times in the past, especially for special shows.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016