Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Keith Urban and Dixie Chicks to open for Eagles in June!

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Default Re: Keith Urban and Dixie Chicks to open for Eagles in June!

Wow I better should not come here anymore to read this thread. As a huge Keith fan it's not a great fun. Keith JUST an opening act He's quite successful with all what he's doing. It sounds like he's not entitled to do an Eagles song or worth to share the stage with them.

I bet many people go to the shows just to see him even the Eagles are the main act.

Please don't be upset, EF! I didn't see anyone insulting Keith in the thread. In fact, many people complimented him. It's not an insult to say he is the opening act - that's what he signed up to be! I'm sure he considers it an honor to open for a band he respects so much, which is probably why he agreed to open for the Eagles despite the fact that he is a big name in country and doesn't need to open for anyone to sell tickets.

But you must remember that not everyone likes country music, so they might not wish to listen to him. That is just individual taste. It doesn't mean they think that Keith is unworthy, it just means that they don't like that kind of music. Plus, some Eagles fans don't want ANYONE to sing with the Eagles - that has nothing to do with Keith personally.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

..thank-you Soda

I do not consider him as a country musician, in fact I don't like country music. The Girl From Yesterday sounds more country than any Keith song. But I don't want to discuss what's country and what's not.

You're right, Nancy, no one did insult him. I was just a little bit sad because I would love to see my two favorites doing a song together. I better stay away from this thread from now on

I understand, EF - but again, I think many appreciate Keith's talent here! I could watch those videos of him again and again.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Sorry, GH - I'm with Soda here. I don't know if this will happen or not, but it is possible that all three acts will take the stage together at some point. If they do, what better song could there be for them to perform than 7BR? I would personally love to see it. I'm not saying it will hapeen, but it is certainly not impossible. We were discussing this in another thread not too long ago - even though the Eagles are known to stick to their set list during a show, they have been known to mix things up a bit at times in the past, especially for special shows.
    But Dreamer, these aren't 'special shows'. They are Eagles shows which happen to have two support acts.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

EF - I know I sure appreciate Keith's talent and a lot of the reason is because of you. I am very excited about the opportunity to see Keith and the Eagles together, and, as I said, I would love it if they shared the stage together for a song or two. I also agree with you that Keith's music is more what I call country rock. But to expand on what Soda said, I do think most people think of Keith as country. Even though Keith is opening for the Eagles, I don't look at that as a bad thing. IMO, since the Eagles attract audiences with such a wide spectrum of musical tastes, I think this will give Keith some exposure to some people that may have never come to see him otherwise. Once those people see and hear him perform, I'm convinced they will become fans. The same thing could also happen for the Eagles, but probably to a much lesser extent since they have been around for ummm ... like forever. I know that you and Brooke (and my niece) encouraged me to give Keith's music a listen, and once I did, I sure was sold!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    But Dreamer, these aren't 'special shows'. They are Eagles shows which happen to have two support acts.
    Well sorry, FP, but I guess we see this differently. To me, an Eagles show which happens to have two support acts is a special show. A normal Eagles show does not include opening or support acts.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Yes, Dreamer. I will bow out now. But this is an entire TOUR.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Well sorry, FP, but I guess we see this differently. To me, an Eagles show which happens to have two support acts is a special show. A normal Eagles show does not include opening or support acts.
    I agree with you, Dreamer. Usually Keith do not open for someone so I consider this as a special show.
    I really don't know why people think of Keith as country. The songs from the first albums were country but his music changed over the times. You are so lucky to see them in one show. I'm sure you will be thrilled if you see Keith live.