Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Keith Urban and Dixie Chicks to open for Eagles in June!

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Keith Urban and Dixie Chicks to open for Eagles in June!

I don't know - perhaps he overdid the 'hands' thing slightly but he doesn't do this stuff often.

The new poster is nice (would go down well in Spain)! but the abrupt dropping of the LROOE moniker makes me uneasy, as I said. I knew it couldn't last forever but I had hoped it would come down here before it was dropped.

FP, They are just playing a shorter set list, because they save their voices for their tour Asia / Australia! This I really hope for you! And then they play the of course normal LROOE tour!

The 'hand thing' looked to me as if Glenn a bit nervous and he does not know what to do with his hands, as has been said already from Dreamer!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I was thinking of this quite a bit last night, after telling my family they were coming to Soldier Field and hearing the moans as they contemplate who I will drag along if I decide to go. Several points I noted to myself...

1.) Extremely glad that they are hitting the shows out west by themselves so that those people that haven't gotten to see them yet on LROOE will get the full show (hopefully). BUT very sad that those in Asia/Australia (Julie) might not get so lucky the way it's looking.

2.) If my husband calls them "country" one more time, I'm divorcing him and that now he has fuel since they are touring with 2 well known country acts, which leads me into....

3.) I HATE the fact that they are touring with the Dixie Chicks!!!! Keith Urban I guess I can deal with but the Dixie Chicks? I will be honest, I really don't know all that much about them but what I have heard is so twangy/country I want to shoot myself! Maybe someone knows more about the connection they have with the DC and can fill me in on exactly why them?

4.) Since they are touring with other artists, as Glenn pointed out, the setlist will now be shortened and I cringe at the thought of what songs will now be eliminated! Probably no hope of ever hearing Glenn do any of his solo songs in the set and I'm sure Timothy will suffer elimination of one of his songs also. Just my opinion tho and hopefully I will be proven wrong.

In reading over this again, I guess all in all I'm not a bit happy with the change! Anyone else feeling this way besides me or am I alone in this?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I'm ambivalent about it too. While I'm glad they are doing a big month-long tour, The DC do not draw me in to it at all. To me they are has beens. Now I'm not into country much, but why not go with somebody who is really hot right now, like Lady Antebellum?

As far as Glenn's hand in the promo, my 81 year old dad has developed a habit of making a small circular motion with his index finger on the arm of the chair during conversation. He's been doing this for 15 years or more. When I saw Glenn's hand moving up and down his leg that's what it reminded me of.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Now, THAT would've been HOT---Eagles, Keith, and Lady Antebellum! Definitely a lot more current, with all the airplay LA and Keith have been getting after their recent awards show exposure! There would be NO question on my going to the Meadowlands show if that were the billing. As it stands, I have to really think hard on spending that kind of $$$ on a night that I would have to take off from work (Thurs are my late night), to see one band I wouldn't consider seeing otherwise (DC), one band I love but have seen 3 times relatively recently, and one artist I love but am planning to see solo in the near future. Decisions, decisions...have to mull on it.
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I'm getting the vibe here that most of us are in agreement about DCs. While I would JUMP at the chance to go see them within an 1 1/2 hour away (cheap seats this time) for a 3 hour show of just them, I really doubt I will go with the other acts-especially because of the DCs. If we feel this way, how many other fans do also? And vice versa---how many KU and DC fans say I would go but I don't want to sit thru an Eagles set! I know, I know--hard to imagine but you know some out there are saying that!

Personally, I just don't get it. Fleetwood Mac just seemed to be a much better fit than this. I wonder how this all came about and how it all fell apart with FM. I hope we get some insight about how this came to be.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I really don't get the DC connection either. What are they trying to do with that? Do they really care about whether they have a career or not? They haven't done anything lately.

I loved the DC before Natalie opened her big mouth and then couldn't shut up. I just really loved their music and thought they were so different and talented. But she ruined it for me. I might listen to Martie and Emily in their new band, but not with Natalie.

I do (as you all know) love Keith, but like Ev said, I want all of him at a concert, not a shortened one. Same with the Eagles. I want the whole nine yards. I'm not really liking this whole deal.

And as far as going, of course, I really, really want to. It's 2 1/2 hours away. But I want good seats if I go and I don't want to pay mega $$$.

I just want everything my way, don't I?!

And Julie, I'm really feeling bad for you and all their fans down under. I'm praying this doesn't mean they aren't coming. Surely they will.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

^ They're still making Music, So I don't see how that is not doing anything.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

My initial thoughts about this was that if the band was going to team up with other acts, I would have much preferred it to be Fleetwood Mac. However, even if that had happened, I still had mixed feelings - like most of us, I'd prefer to see a full show by the Eagles. I am also pretty ambivalent about the Dixie Chicks. I don't know a lot of their music, but I do think they are very talented. However, I would not go to them if they were playing alone. Now, although, I am not a fan of country music, thanks to Brooke, EasyFeeling, and my niece, I have become quite a fan of Keith Urban and his new brand of country rock. So I am actually pretty excited this. I am definitely considering going to one of the shows.

As far as the LROOE tour, I still believe that the guys will play Australia. They may make a few changes, but that's not unusual for them. I'm anxiously awaiting the upcoming arena shows in CA to see if they make changes (Hint Hint - uhh drop the suits guys, not the songs!)

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

El, they haven't toured nor put out any new music.

But really, it's just my opinion.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten