Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Keith Urban and Dixie Chicks to open for Eagles in June!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Keith Urban and Dixie Chicks to open for Eagles in June!

I put this in another thread, but it really should have been here.

Anyways, maybe the 'summer tour' will be just that, and the best we can do is hope for them to resume the Long Road Out of Eden World Tour this fall.

Fingers and toes crossed for you, Fp.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    As people have said, I think they owe it to Asia and Australia to let us have the full LROOE tour. We have waited six years and to maybe have it all taken away from us is not a good feeling. I can tell you that I don't have much incentive to pay $500 plus for 90 minutes of material that I have already seen. I was already worried that the only new song Glenn would sing would be How Long. I am even more worried now, I hope unnecessarily.
    Well, as I said before, my guess is that the guys will go over to Australia with the LROOE tour that will probably be modeled after the upcoming California shows. I sure hope so for your sake, FP.

However, as much as I hope you have the opportunity to see them, I am going to have to take issue with some of your comments. I always cringe whenever someone says that a band owes it to their fans to play for them or to release new material, etc. I'm sorry but I don't believe that the Eagles (or any band) owe their fans live performances. Of course, we all want them and are grateful for them, but the band is not obligated to do them, IMO. If they want to release new material, it behooves them to put out the best music that they are capable of making. Then, whenever they decide to sell tickets for a live show, they do owe it to their fans to give them their best possible performance. But beyond that, I just don't think I'm entitled to anything from these guys.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Perhaps 'they owe it' was the wrong phrase but when you have waited this long to see new songs you have never seen you can only feel disapppointed that you may never in fact see those songs performed live (and it isn't as if a DVD has even been released - if that had happened perhaps I wouldn't mind so much).

My point remains that no, they are not 'obligated' to play or release new material (although I was talking about playing new songs, not releasing them - I'm beyond hoping for anything else from them now), but as a consumer, neither am I obligated to pay over $500 to see exactly what I saw in 2004, and even then, I would NOT be seeing some of my favourites like NKIT, Tequila Sunrise and Already Gone.

ETA: I don't want this to sound so harsh. But I have been extremely patient, waiting and waiting and waiting. I will continue to be patient and hope that the 'summer tour' is just a one off and that there will be one more version of the 'LROOE tour' for this region.
    Last edited by Freypower; 03-18-2010 at 06:45 PM.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well, FP, I truly do empathize with the fact that you have had to wait so long between seeing your favorite band live. I GET that, I really do. I know how lucky we are in the states to have as many opportunities as we do to see them. And even then, sometimes we still want more. I guess that's just human nature.

However, some of what you say just seems contrary to me. Obviously, no one is obligated to buy a concert ticket to a show. However, if you decide to buy a ticket, you're not purchasing an entitlement to make the set list. All of us would like to hear certain songs, but no matter how many times fans bitch and moan, it's not going to matter. As we've already discussed on the board numerous times before, everyone has to make a choice - either go to the show and enjoy whatever the band decides to play or don't go. That's just a harsh reality that we have to accept.

Now, back to the summer shows, I have to say that I was very surprised at how little mention Keith got in Glenn and Natalie's recent promotional interviews. I think the only time he was mentioned was in the Boston clip. Am I the only one that thought this was odd?

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Now, back to the summer shows, I have to say that I was very surprised at how little mention Keith got in Glenn and Natalie's recent promotional interviews. I think the only time he was mentioned was in the Boston clip. Am I the only one that thought this was odd?
    Yup sure did...

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...4&postcount=66
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Maybe they're mad at him for skipping out on three of the shows! lol

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

KU is so much more relevant that the DC these days. Even Natalie said there are no plans for them to release new music... so I just don't get this at all. Guess the DC's need some cash and what better way than to travel w/the Eagles.

In any case, I heard the first radio commericial for this today. They did promote all three acts.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    KU is so much more relevant that the DC these days. Even Natalie said there are no plans for them to release new music... so I just don't get this at all. Guess the DC's need some cash and what better way than to travel w/the Eagles.
    Amen!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post

In any case, I heard the first radio commericial for this today. They did promote all three acts.

Um, I think they have plenty of cash. Maybe they are doing it just to stay relevant

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Well, FP, I truly do empathize with the fact that you have had to wait so long between seeing your favorite band live. I GET that, I really do. I know how lucky we are in the states to have as many opportunities as we do to see them. And even then, sometimes we still want more. I guess that's just human nature.

However, some of what you say just seems contrary to me. Obviously, no one is obligated to buy a concert ticket to a show. However, if you decide to buy a ticket, you're not purchasing an entitlement to make the set list. All of us would like to hear certain songs, but no matter how many times fans bitch and moan, it's not going to matter. As we've already discussed on the board numerous times before, everyone has to make a choice - either go to the show and enjoy whatever the band decides to play or don't go. That's just a harsh reality that we have to accept.

Did I say I was 'purchasing an entitlement to make the setlist'? That isn't what I meant, but I think that my point about being a consumer who doesn't necessarily feel obligated to pay a huge amount of money to hear exactly the same songs again is valid. As you say - 'enjoy it or don't go'. I would enjoy it, I'm sure, but I also have to weigh up the pros and cons.

If I have any comment about the interviews it would be that Keith Urban is obviously being treated as the 'support' act, but this has led to the DCs being given far more prominence than they should have been.