Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Keith Urban and Dixie Chicks to open for Eagles in June!

Default Re: Keith Urban and Dixie Chicks to open for Eagles in June!

Quote Originally Posted by EagleLady
    Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    KU is so much more relevant that the DC these days. Even Natalie said there are no plans for them to release new music... so I just don't get this at all. Guess the DC's need some cash and what better way than to travel w/the Eagles.
    Um, I think they have plenty of cash. Maybe they are doing it just to stay relevant
    As the Eagles prove, just because someone already has cash doesn't mean they don't want to make some more!

Two of the Chicks are releasing new music so they are "relevant" in that sense (if new material = relevance).

I think it's as simple as the guys (especially Don) liking the Chicks and having worked with them before, so they grabbed them for this.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I didn't say they didn't want to make more.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Did I say I was 'purchasing an entitlement to make the setlist'? That isn't what I meant, but I think that my point about being a consumer who doesn't necessarily feel obligated to pay a huge amount of money to hear exactly the same songs again is valid. As you say - 'enjoy it or don't go'. I would enjoy it, I'm sure, but I also have to weigh up the pros and cons.
    That's true. I don't think it's wrong for a fan to express disappointment in a set list, regardless of whether or not their ideal setlist is realistic.

If I have any comment about the interviews it would be that Keith Urban is obviously being treated as the 'support' act, but this has led to the DCs being given far more prominence than they should have been.
    Hmm, I hadn't looked at it that way, but you're right - the lack of attention given to Urban seems to imply he's not as important. That is really strange, because as it's been pointed out, Urban is a lot more popular than the Dixie Chicks right now. Still, as mentioned previously, he's not going to be at every show so perhaps it's wise not to emphasize him.

I wonder if this means that he'll do a shorter set than the DC? I hope not.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

If I have any comment about the interviews it would be that Keith Urban is obviously being treated as the 'support' act, but this has led to the DCs being given far more prominence than they should have been.
    You've got that right and that really bothers me!!

I'm still shaking my head at the whole Dixie Chicks thing. I see your point Soda, regarding them working together and Don & Glenn being fond of them but seriously wonder if they considered that a lot of people simply don't like them or if they even care. I have really considered this and came to the conclusion that had it been Eagles/KU/ and DC's were not on the bill, I would probably bite the bullet and pull out a cheap seat (if I could stay strong) and go to this. But I just simply am not going because they will be performing! Period! There's one fan they will not get $$ from for this show-but I'm sure they simply say "oh well, someone else will buy her ticket". Know what I mean?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I don't get why so many hate three women for their beliefs and their opinions

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

My point remains that no, they are not 'obligated' to play or release new material (although I was talking about playing new songs, not releasing them - I'm beyond hoping for anything else from them now), but as a consumer, neither am I obligated to pay over $500 to see exactly what I saw in 2004, and even then, I would NOT be seeing some of my favourites like NKIT, Tequila Sunrise and Already Gone.
    FP, when you made this statement, the way I interpret it is that there is a direct correlation between your decision to buy a ticket and the set list that will be played. Now, of course, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this – it is certainly your right to do that. I also don’t think it’s wrong to express disappointment over a set list either. I’ve done it myself more than once. However, to me it seems like a contradiction to continously complain about having to wait so long for the band to come over there on one hand, and then turn around and complain that you may not even go to a show because of the set list.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, and you can certainly feel however you want to feel. Maybe it's just me, but all I'm saying is that I just don't get your logic here.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EagleLady View Post
    I wasn't a DC fan prior to Natalie's comments. It is a good question though. I was thinking about this. No doubt, the DC's totally rubbed me wrong w/their comments... but Don could say the same thing and I'd let it go.

Some can speak out, others can't... and honestly, I have no clue way that is.

ETA:... on the DC and their relevence... I could have easily swapped in "popular" ... I think someone else mentioned Lady Antibellum (sp?)... they would have been the relevant act to pick IMO. I can't see Don just liking the chicks... and knowing they haven't preformed together in years, just grabbing them up. There's something behind the scenes that we don't know about and probably never will. To me though, I'm sure it's monetary... JMO.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    FP, when you made this statement, the way I interpret it is that there is a direct correlation between your decision to buy a ticket and the set list that will be played. Now, of course, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this – it is certainly your right to do that. I also don’t think it’s wrong to express disappointment over a set list either. I’ve done it myself more than once. However, to me it seems like a contradiction to continously complain about having to wait so long for the band to come over there on one hand, and then turn around and complain that you may not even go to a show because of the set list.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, and you can certainly feel however you want to feel. Maybe it's just me, but all I'm saying is that I just don't get your logic here.

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining. But I have to be honest about this. I'm torn, I really am, and that is the truth. I see both sides. The bottom line is I will probably go and see them, but I probably will not go to five shows this time.

Surely you can accept that it doesn't seem fair that my part of the world may be deprived of the show that everyone else has seen? You can tell me that I can do nothing about it all you like, but I have the right to express concern about it.

For all I know they may come here & play the LROOE set list, but I don't know that for sure.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

It has nothing to do with their beliefs ---I simply don't like their music and have absolutely no desire to see them! Period.

Like I've said before--they are all (including Don) entitled to their opinions, doesn't mean I want to hear them --especially when I have paid to go see a concert not a political rally.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

If you go back through this thread, it is hardly an outlash of people hating three women for their beliefs and their opinions. Other than a few very tame comments about their politics, most of what I've read are people saying that they don't think the Eagles and Dixie Chicks are a good fit because of their music. And I would concur with this. I have nothing against the Chicks for their political views. However, the music that I am familiar with of theirs is a bit too country for my tastes. I also said before I think they are very talented - however, just not my cup of tea. I think Keith's music is much more in line with the Eagles.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016