Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Keith Urban and Dixie Chicks to open for Eagles in June!

Default Re: Keith Urban and Dixie Chicks to open for Eagles in June!

And don't forget that if you're not into the Chicks, you can always just leave during their set - take a bathroom break, get a drink, etc. That's what people did when JD and the Straight Shot opened for Don!

I'm one of those who finds it tiresome when singers start to preach at me from the stage. Some of these stars see it as their duty to try and evangelize the masses, I guess, but I seriously doubt any audience member ever changed their opinion due to a sermon-ette at a concert. Instead, the audience members who agree with you cheer, and the audience members who don't agree with you feel dissed and maybe even boo. Not much is accomplished other than fan alienation. The only positive, really, is for the rock star: he/she gets to feel that sense of self-satisfaction that comes whenever one voices one's opinion. (I should add here that some fans do feel personally validated if their beliefs align with their favorite rock star's. I wouldn't call that a "positive" though - it's rather pathetic.)

That said, if the music is good, I'll stay in my seat. Plus, it's impolite to boo.

And I'll stay in my seat to watch the Dixie Chicks.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

My hubby actually FINALLY heard about this on the radio last week, and said something about what happened to Fleetwood Mac? But then, I could tell he was interested in it BECAUSE of the Dixie Chicks. But I bet the price tag scares him off. We'll have to think about it before next weekend, though. Anyone know why they are still advertising DC, KU, + opener on some of the shows such as the Meadowlands...who is "+ opener?"
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Another thing - what if Keith Urban, the Dixie Chicks, and the Eagles all do Seven Bridges Road together? That would be INCREDIBLE!

A Keith/Eagles fan who I met in Chicago at the TBS show posted this YouTube video on the official Keith Urban message board:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVzsDA08Tvk[/ame]

Imagine that with the Eagles!

eaglesvet - the additional unnamed "opener" will probably be a local act.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Yeah, well, I still don't get why they are enamored with the DC. Like I said before, I LOVED them when they were popular. They were so trendy, hip, talented and beautiful and they can sing and play! Maybe there's something going on behind the scenes with them........... Like the old days.....I'm just sayin'......I can't see the Eagles helping them out, so to say, to jump start their career...who did they ever help out as far as struggling artists go?

And there's no question that Keith is more popular. My goodness, his concerts are wild and crazy. I wonder how security will handle women jumping up on stage and running up to hug him during a song? The Eagles would have heart attacks if that happened at their show! Will security bend for Keith (cause that's the way he likes it) and then stiffen up for the guys? Should be interesting.

And I'll echo TBF here, when I go to a concert, I don't want to hear their political views. I want to hear the music. Much as I love Don, I don't care what he thinks politically. I want to hear him sing. Same for any other band I go see.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Maybe there's something going on behind the scenes with them........... Like the old days.....I'm just sayin'......
    Huh?

I wonder how security will handle women jumping up on stage and running up to hug him during a song? The Eagles would have heart attacks if that happened at their show! Will security bend for Keith (cause that's the way he likes it) and then stiffen up for the guys? Should be interesting.
    I wondered about this with regard to Fleetwood Mac. Since there's a break between sets, what happens at Keith's shouldn't affect the Eagles. Still, they might tell security to keep people back during Keith's set just so that people don't feel like they can do it later when the Eagles are on. Remember, Keith is not the boss here. He has to do what the Eagles want regardless of whether or not he would do it that way at his own shows.

And I'll echo TBF here, when I go to a concert, I don't want to hear their political views. I want to hear the music. Much as I love Don, I don't care what he thinks politically. I want to hear him sing. Same for any other band I go see.
    I don't think I've ever heard ANYONE say they want singers to preach politics from the stage, although some will say they don't mind. There's a difference. The only exceptions are those who get some kind of personal validation from hearing the star espouse the viewpoints they agree with, as I said in an earlier post. Ironically, almost all of those same people would get pretty pissed off if the star was preaching a viewpoint they didn't agree with, so I call "hypocrite" on that anyway. Again, the only one who truly gets off on stage-preaching is the rock star.

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Brooke, interesting point. The way Keith performs is so different from the Eagles. I don't know where it was but once security tried to hold people back from rushing forward to come closer to the stage and Keith was so pissed off. He stopped singing and yelled at them to let people loose.

Are these concerts all going to be outdoors?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I believe so, yes.

I think they would all be able to do their own style of show, ie Keith allowing fans near the stage is not going to effect the Eagles show being...well...the Eagles show.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Another thing - what if Keith Urban, the Dixie Chicks, and the Eagles all do Seven Bridges Road together? That would be INCREDIBLE!
    I'm sorry, but I totally disagree with this! I don't want to hear the DCs do 7BR! I think it would tick me off if they even try. Keith I wouldn't mind. I know it probably sounds strange, but I seriously don't know why I am so negative against these gals, but I genuinely have a dislike for them and don't want to see them with my beloved Eagles! And don't even start to think it's because they're woman and I'm jealous. I've already thought about that but can honestly say that I wouldn't care if it was, let's say, Heart for example. Wouldn't bother me a bit! But NONE of them better lay a hand on MY Timothy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    And there's no question that Keith is more popular. My goodness, his concerts are wild and crazy. I wonder how security will handle women jumping up on stage and running up to hug him during a song? The Eagles would have heart attacks if that happened at their show! Will security bend for Keith (cause that's the way he likes it) and then stiffen up for the guys? Should be interesting.
    Second thought, this might be worth the price of admission just to see this!
    He sings it high, he plays it low