Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Randy's voice

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Default Re: Randy's voice

Welcome to the border. Very nice post about randy. I think the reason we love our boys so much is that they ,for me, have been the soundtrack to my life.enjoy your time with us here on the border.

Such a sweet post. Welcome!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

Welcome to this board Mary!!!! You're going to love it here!! TALA is super amazing!!! All of the Eagles songs are beautiful for sure.

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Border Desperado AstraeaLunaAvani's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by goldenautumn View Post
    I recently had a chance to watch the Eagles documentary on Showtime. I went to the Hotel California concert at Metropolitan Stadium in Minnesota in 1978 and again in Minneapolis/ St. Paul I saw them in concert for the Long Run. I was and still am in love with the Eagles songs. Nothing through my life had more impact then the song Randy Meisner sang and wrote, Try and Love Again on Hotel California. That song is my favorite of all time - all songs and all music, In my most down moments, from age 20 to now, it has been my "go to". Thank you for "Try and love again", the most important song I ever heard...and whose message has carried me through even today. I listened to it today. Like 1978, it still gives me hope, and Randy's voice..truly amazing.
    Mary W, MPLS
    I love that song, too, Mary! Randy is my favorite ex-Eagle and his voice makes all his songs special! And I am from Hastings, i'm sure you know where that is...although right now I have a job where I am in North Dakota most of the time. Are you going to be seeing them when they come through this summer? I am going to miss the Minneapolis show due to my job but I am driving to Milwaukee to see them in July!

Try and Love Again is a beautiful song. Randy is so soulful when he sings it. It truly needs more airtime

I like that song, too.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Randy's voice has a purity and vulnerability to it that is very effective in songs like "Take It to the Limit" and "Is It True" - also, it can have an edge to it such as in one of my favorite Randy songs, "Too Many Hands." He's an ideal harmonizer because he's able to blend well with the lead singer and not overtake him, but still be distinctly audible. He was a great asset to the band and it's a shame he kind of fell off the radar.
    The more Eagles' & Randy's songs I listen to, the more I understand what you're talking about Soda! His harmonizing/blending is truely a precious treasure to the band, which makes me instinctively stick to listening to "older" version of Eagles' songs where Randy was in.
    And following are my sweeties (I do not care whether Randy's singing lead or backing, I can even hardly range them properly):

1972 EAGLES:
    Take It Easy
    Most of Us Are Sad
    Nightingale (I never notice this is such a beautiful song until yesterday)
    Take the Devil (I personally think Randy's vocal is even better that HC period)
    Tryin' (Like live version better)

1973 DESPERADO
    Saturday Night (Henley & Meisner are definitely my no. 2 & 1 band members, for vocals and appearance as well)

1974 ON THE BORDER
    Already Gone
    Midnight Flyer
    OL'55
    Is It True
    Best of My Love (listen to the crowd when Don & Randy sing simultaneously in any live show available, WOW!)
    James Dean

1975 ONE OF THESE NIGHTS
    Too Many Hands
    Take It to the Limit
    One of These Nights (I'm kind of addicted to the harmony part of this song)

1976 HOTEL CALIFORNIA
    Try And Love Again

Border Troubadour

I have maintained for a while that Take the Devil is probably Randy's best Eagles vocal (obviously save the note at the end of TITTL). Love how young and naive sounding it is.

The first time I heard Randy sing Take The Devil, It sent shivers down my spine. His Try and Love Again did the same. His voice is one of a kind whether alone or in harmony. The man can sing that's all that needs to be said.

Border Desperado The Disco Strangler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sad-cafe View Post
    Try and Love Again is a beautiful song. Randy is so soulful when he sings it. It truly needs more airtime
    I get shivers when I hear that song. Seriously. That man's voice is something else. It was a nice treat to hear TALA on the radio the other night when I was driving home. Okay, I had it purposely turned to the Bridge because that station always plays the Eagles hehe.