View Poll Results: Which is your favorite of the Eagles six original studio albums?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eagles

0 0%
  • Desperado

3 33.33%
  • On The Border

0 0%
  • One of These Nights

0 0%
  • Hotel California

3 33.33%
  • The Long Run

3 33.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rank the six studio albums

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I agree that the band did a great job in choosing the right vocalist for most all of their songs. I also am one of those that usually likes the original version of a song best. However, there are a few such as the ones I mentioned above that I think would have worked equally as well (not better) with one of the other guys singing it. After seeing him perform it, I absolutely think Glenn singing lead on LITF would have worked just as well. I feel the same way about Already Gone. After hearing Don do it, I think that song would have worked just as well with him singing lead.

I agree with Maleah that I will always love Randy's version of TITTL best, mainly because of the ending and the high notes that Randy hits are perfect. However, I have to say that the non-acoustic version of the song that Glenn did on the PTO tour this summer was amazing (much better than the F1 version, IMO). Except for the high notes at the end, which Glenn could never hit, it was very close to the original version.

I also believe Glenn would do a beautiful job with ICTYW, but I'm glad he doesn't do it since it is Tim's signature song with the band (at least for now).

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I really didn't think about Glenn doing ICTYW.......but when I try to imagine it....I agree, he would do well on it. He does an excellent job on TITTL as well, but that will just always be Randy's signature song to me and it fit his voice perfectly (imo).

By the way, I wasn't trying to insinuate (and I hope I didn't come across that way!) that Glenn wouldn't do as good a job as Don does on his songs. And I also wasn't trying to be narrow minded and think that only Don can do no wrong. I may claim Don as my favorite (and he is of course BUT....you know what I mean lol), but I love Glenn, Tim, and all the rest just as much!

but I do have to say that after learning more about ALL of the guys...........I really don't see Glenn as feeling obligated to let Don do whatever he wanted.

Maleah - I agree that I don't think Glenn is much of a pushover for anyone. My bet is he seems to be very strong-willed. I'll let you know as soon as I meet him.

And one other thing - PLEASE don't feel you have to apologize for having an opinion on this board. Everyone here is entitled to their own opinions and beliefs, and to like whoever they want to like. As long as we are respectful of one another here, hopefully, we can all feel free to say exactly what we think, and engage in some fun, interesting, and informative discussions and debates. There are always things we can learn from each other. This entire thread is based on each of our opinions, so there are no right or wrong answers.

Dreamer's exactly right, Maleah. We all have our own opinions and preferences and no one is more right than anyone else. You won't offend anyone just by expressing a viewpoint reasonably. No need to walk on eggshells.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    Maleah - I agree that I don't think Glenn is much of a pushover for anyone. My bet is he seems to be very strong-willed. I'll let you know as soon as I meet him.
    Oh I'm sure he'll be an 'ole softy for you

And thank you both! I guess I worry a lot about offending someone or being taken the wrong way when I give my opinion and I didn't want to do either of those or hurt someone's feelings. So I'm glad you understand........you guys are awesome, you really are! Thanks!

Oh and by the way dreamer.................I can see how this is going to go with your new avatar! And I'm not exaggerating by any means when I tell you this...........I swear I must have scrolled to view your avatar 15 times while posting my last message. And everytime I see a post by you, my eye is involuntarily drawn IMMEDIATELY over to the left!!

Serously. I don't know how I'm going to be able to post intelligently in any thread with Dreamer now.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Serously. I don't know how I'm going to be able to post intelligently in any thread with Dreamer now.

I know!!!!!!!! Then I look at my avatar and think.........darn........why couldn't Don have lost the shirt completely. Just for curiosity's sake of course........

I know what y'all mean. What worries me is that I will only want to read my own posts now with this hot avatar. Thanks Soda for 'resizing' it for me!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow, dreamer! I can't even think of anything to post with that over there! Way hot!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten