Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Song Survivor: On the Border

Default Re: Eagles Song Survivor: On the Border

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    If you hide, I may find you and hide with you. Not a favorite of mine either.
    I'm surrounded by pagans!!!!!! On The Border is cool!! Plus I think that's Glenn saying You in trouble, boy! Remember how deep and low he sounds in the chorus of Dirty Laundry.

I'm voting to lose 'Good day in hell' as it's one of my two least favourites left.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

GDIH is a rocker! I love it. Please keep it around for a while longer.

I vote for Midnight Flyer. Too much banjo for me.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    GDIH is a rocker! I love it. Please keep it around for a while longer.

I vote for Midnight Flyer. Too much banjo for me.
    Grrrrrrr, that's one of my favorite Randy/Bernie vocals!!! I see my sensitive feelings are gonna take a pounding on this game.
    Last edited by pueblo47; 03-26-2010 at 10:11 AM. Reason: spelling

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pueblo47 View Post
    Grrrrrrr, that's one of my favorite Randy/Bernie vocals!!! I see my sensitive feelings are gonna take a pounding on this game.
    LOL... that's what happened to me during Timothy's Expando survivor. It sure is fun to hear everyones thoughts though.

PM, you are right, I am a sappy ballad gal. Some of my favorite songs are Power Ballads from the 80's -90's! lol

NOOOOOOOO! Not GDIH or MF!!!! I love them both!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by luvthelighthouse View Post
    LOL... that's what happened to me during Timothy's Expando survivor. It sure is fun to hear everyones thoughts though.

PM, you are right, I am a sappy ballad gal. Some of my favorite songs are Power Ballads from the 80's -90's! lol
    That's ok, I got my next least fav song picked out for the next round already. Actually I should have voted it out first cuz I really truly don't like it or the subject matter but my turn's coming.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    In answer to your question, for me, James Dean is the epitome of the sound the Eagles were originally going for, that rockabilly vibe. I'm not saying it's the best the album has to offer, but c'mon - it's much more Eagley than IIT - if that's a voting criteria for anyone.
    I have to respectfully disagree. I do not feel that James Dean it the sound of the Eagles at all! It's so 50ish... more going backwards than forwards for the time. IIT has the soft melody that is Eagly. I love how we use that term!

JD just does not move me at all! Since I voted for it last round, I'm going to share the wealth and change it up a bit. This round I vote for A Good Day in Hell. (sorry PM, you know I still luv ya!)

NOOO LTL, say it isn't so!

PM, I love James Dean, especially the way Glenn sings "talk about a low down bad refridgerator"! We're lucky that the Eagles are versatile & play songs to suit all out tastes !

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I agree with what GL said about the band’s versatility, and have said many times that I believe that one of the things that makes the Eagles so unique and special is that they are able to sound so different from one song to another. With four lead vocalists, all with very different individual voices and styles, they are able to make such diverse music, while still staying true to the Eagles sound. I can't think of any other artist that can play bluegrass to hard rock and everything else in between and sound as good as this band. I think James Dean is a very clever and rocking song – love how they use the jargon from that era to describe the ‘50’s icon. Also, it has great music, vocals, and harmonies. And Good Day In Hell also rocks. I know it seems to be getting a lot of early votes, but I hope it lasts longer in the game (hint hint – someone could make it immune ). I absolutely love the song, and think it deserves to stay around for a while. This is the problem though when you have a great album with so many good songs – none of them deserves to go. However, it must be done. I have to vote early, and I am going to gamble a bit and say that Is It True is going down this time. So my vote goes to the next song I want to go after Is It True. I like this song a lot, but since bluegrass isn’t my favorite style …

I cast my vote for Midnight Flyer.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016