Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BOBBYBOY

Troll

Default Re: EAGLES TOUR

About 1 hours worth, but if Im reading between the lines,your saying its a freedom of opinion board and if so count me in..but again that comment that nobody on this board is upset with frey sitting on natalies lap on national television REALLY sounded like something from never never land from my newbie perspective..C'mon..how could it not trying to see it from my perspective??

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyboy View Post
    About 1 hours worth
    Well, then I advise you to look around a bit more before making judgments about this board or its members.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

About 1 hours worth, but if Im reading between the lines,your saying its a freedom of opinion board and if so count me in..but again that comment that nobody on this board is upset with frey sitting on natalies lap on national television REALLY sounded like something from never never land from my newbie perspective..C'mon..how could it not trying to see it from my perspective??

He sat next to her.

He and the band have performed with the DCs before and he obviously respects her as an artist. As a fan of him, I respect his views.

I cannot speak for the Americans on the board. I can only speak for myself and I am indifferent to the Dixie Chicks. If the Eagles wish to have them on their tour, that is their right. A couple of people aren't all that crazy about people expressing their political opinions on stage, but no, there is not the full scale 'hatred' of the DCs that you seem to have expected.

Troll

I am not judging any member of this site..I am though clearly questioning freypowers comments that as the posting clearly indicates speaks for the ENTIRE board, that nobody on the site(all 500 plus members) objects to the chicks .. I can tell you one thing.. if I as a moderator was to post on my board that NOBODY on this sites has a problem with Lady Gaga teaming up with shania,there would be an uprising of the troops.

Stuck on the Border

I made a generalisation, BB. I know the board reasonably well, I believe.
    Last edited by Freypower; 03-28-2010 at 08:27 PM.

Troll

put me on that list as well of non objection..now if i can just get 90 minutes out of the chicks and a full show from the boys i will be a happy bobbyboy... my call is i will...fingers crossed

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I honestly don't even know how to respond to this whole thread!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Troll

I don't think its all that hard...
    I'm basically saying the following and maybe its just a case that I have more confidence in the Eagles than some here, but check out the Toronto prices... $450.00 a pair for floors(FROM TICKETMASTER). Right now the US dollar and Canadian are pretty close to par.. Thats ALOT of money and sorry but I don't believe the Eagles are going to do some screw the fans gig.. Im calling a full concert.
    On top of that the chicks are not going to take some backseat role here..They just won't and because of that Im expecting a long show as well from them.. Again they didn't pick a 6opm start time just because they wanted to get to bed early.. If I believed anything else I wouldn't have laid out the cash

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

I would still buy Dixie Chicks music and I would also go see them in person if possible. While I'm glad that the show in Phoenix is just the Eagles, I still would have gone even if Keith and the Chicks were with them. I have seen the Chicks in person before and they put on a good show. I love this country where we all can express our opinions and although I wish Natalie had kept her mouth shut, I would never deny her the right to express her own opinion on anythng or anyone.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

maybe its just a case that I have more confidence in the Eagles than some here,
    I told myself I wasn't going to respond to this thread, but I have to say one thing about this post right here.... That really just p*ssed me off!!! Take Soda's advice and read a few more threads here before you make an assumption like that. The fans on this board don't come any more loyal or confindent. Just because some of us have chosen to express our opinion of unhappiness in the fact that Eagles have chosen Dixie Chicks as openers for this tour, doesn't make us any less loyal. And as I've said in that particular thread, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with Natalie expressing her political beliefs, but everything to do with the fact I don't care for their music and think it is a bad match.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyboy
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyboy
    I am not judging any member of this site..I am though clearly questioning freypowers comments that as the posting clearly indicates speaks for the ENTIRE board, that nobody on the site(all 500 plus members) objects to the chicks .. I can tell you one thing.. if I as a moderator was to post on my board that NOBODY on this sites has a problem with Lady Gaga teaming up with shania,there would be an uprising of the troops.
    I won't even start on these... it would obviously be hopeless anyways!
    He sings it high, he plays it low