Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Celebration of the "Solo Collection"

Banned

Default Re: Celebration of the "Solo Collection"

I'd like to make a slight distinction here. Two Hearts is definitely one of the Glenn Frey tracks I play the most but it doesn't necessarily follow that it's my favourite Frey track.

If I was making a "best of" list, I'm not sure Two Hearts would make the top ten but when I open my Glenn Frey file, it seems to be a track I always add to my play list. I always enjoy listening to it. I think I'm too much of a fan to listen to the obvious tracks.

Flip City is another obscurish Frey track that I think I like more than I'm supposed to.

The 4 exclusive tracks that open Solo Collection don't really do anything for me. They're ok but I've never felt the urge to give them a listen in a long while.

Stuck on the Border

This CD is my default for cleaning the kitchen. As my CD player starts at the beginning each time, this means I hear the four newer tracks most often and rarely make it to the end. Which is fine, as I have the other tracks on the CDs in my car, and that CD-player doesn't lose its place.

Who's Been Sleeping in My Bed is my favourite of the new songs. I don't support the sentiments but it still amuses me. I like Glenn when he's playing in that macho, beer-swigging style (I think of It's Cold in Here in the same way). I probably wouldn't want a whole album of it, but a track here and there is a nice change.

I like Two Hands and it's on my long Glenn Frey playlist (which has about 30 songs).

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I love the four original tracks on The Solo Collection, although This Way to Happiness and Common Ground are my favorites.

As far as Two Hearts - I like it okay, but it is probably my least favorite of all Glenn's solo songs. Glenn didn't even write the song, so I often wondered why he decided to record it. As Soda said, I guess he must have liked it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    This CD is my default for cleaning the kitchen. As my CD player starts at the beginning each time, this means I hear the four newer tracks most often and rarely make it to the end. Which is fine, as I have the other tracks on the CDs in my car, and that CD-player doesn't lose its place.

Who's Been Sleeping in My Bed is my favourite of the new songs. I don't support the sentiments but it still amuses me. I like Glenn when he's playing in that macho, beer-swigging style (I think of It's Cold in Here in the same way). I probably wouldn't want a whole album of it, but a track here and there is a nice change.

I like Two Hands and it's on my long Glenn Frey playlist (which has about 30 songs).
    WBSIMB is awesome live!! To me it's one of those songs that shows off Glenn's versatility. The sexy rasp on this song is a great counterpoint to the dulcet tones of the likes of Tequila Sunrise and The Shadow of Your Smile.

I will try this CD next time I clean my kitchen! I usually have Seger or Van Halen in!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I love WBSIM & I have been fortunate enough to see it performed live!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Two Hands! I wonder what caused that Freudian slip UTW

I can believe Who's Been Sleeping In My Bed? is awesome live. I noticed it in a set list. I think it was slotted in with the heavy weights Smuggler's Blues, Heartache Tonight and The Heat Is On so it must carry some kick.

Stuck on the Border

I wish there was something scandalous about my slip, but I was probably thinking of "Too Many Hands".

Banned

Two Hearts is better than Two Many Hands... maybe not in it's concept but definitely in it's execution imho

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Two Hands! I wonder what caused that Freudian slip UTW

I can believe Who's Been Sleeping In My Bed? is awesome live. I noticed it in a set list. I think it was slotted in with the heavy weights Smuggler's Blues, Heartache Tonight and The Heat Is On so it must carry some kick.
    It's OK live. It's marred by the last verse, which I have a problem with.

Heartache Tonight is not in Glenn's current setlist.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Happy 21st anniversary to Glenn's Solo Collection

It can now legally drink . This is one of the first Glenn solo albums I bought in June of last year. Needless to say, it's received a fair amount of play. I like the songs included, but I wish that there was a song or 2 from No Fun Aloud on it. (The One You Love and/or Partytown). Out of the 4 new songs, Call On Me is my favorite, but I like them all.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time