Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Celebrity Fight Night in Phoenix, AZ 3-20-10

Default Re: Celebrity Fight Night in Phoenix, AZ 3-20-10

..don't think I'd ever seen the actual "button" before...what does the 3 stand for?????????...and where can I get one?...hahaha

Yeah Dreamer...how'd you get my button?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

PM - sorry girl, but this button is mine! GH - I'm afraid I can't divulge the details about how I obtained that 3E button - I'm sworn to secrecy. But, I can assure you that these little buttons were very much sought after back in the day. I was just a really lucky girl to get it.

Now - how I wish that were all true - the truth of the matter is that I'm just a pathetic groupie wannabe! I wasn't given this button at all - I just wanted one so bad that a while back, I desperately photoshopped it based on the description that Felder gave in his "Heaven and Hell" book ...

As a band, we had a policy of only ever doing two two-song encores, and after we released the album One of These Nights (1975) that was used to our advantage. While we were onstage, the road crew would scout the audience for willing participants and offer them backstage passes for what became known as the Third Encore – the party after the show.
    Later, Don [Henley] and Glenn took the system to a higher level of sophistication. Laminated passes were done away with – too indiscreet – and little buttons, with “3E” written on them in yellow English Gothic print on a black background were passed out by the handful. The message was that the Eagles were having a party and would like to invite these women back to their hotel suite. No boyfriends were invited.
    So yes, GH - now you can me for telling you that tale.

However, Soda does have a picture that has a real 3E button. This is a picture out of The Long Run Tour Book. I guess the one the one that Felder describes must be the Hotel California version. The button is right over Glenn's head in this collage ...

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

..haha...so could it mean you were entitled to "3 Eagles"???????????uumm..which three would you choose?...oh to have been so lucky "back in the day"...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

No GH - probably only 1 Eagle per groupie; however, I'm sure the reverse of 1 groupie per Eagle was not true!

The parties were called the "Third Encore" so 3E was just the abbreviation. Just another little piece of trivia - once the band resumed in the 90's, they added a real 3rd encore to their set list for the first time ever. I guess just to serve notice that they were no longer doing the old kind. Rats!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    - once the band resumed in the 90's, they added a real 3rd encore to their set list for the first time ever. I guess just to serve notice that they were no longer doing the old kind. Rats!!!
    I never thought of that Dreamer. So if they hear me innocently call up to the stage, "3rd Encore please!" after they've left the stage for the second time they might have some exciting flashbacks!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Don't forget, there is also a pic of the 3E button on a shirt Timothy is wearing... but I'm to lazy to look for it.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

So who's going to crop that 3E button from the picture and get a bunch of them made to send to all of us? Hmmmm....may have to do some research on this! Who wants one?
    He sings it high, he plays it low