Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: London, England 30 March 2010

Default Re: Timothy in London, 30 March 2010

I've been preoccupied over the last few days and haven't been around my computer much but when Lou texted me saying that she MET Timothy I knew that I HAD to make time to log on here and I'm so glad that I did.

WOW, just WOW!! I was no where near close to being at that show but after reading through this thread I felt like I was right there with the Borderers in attendance. I was feeling the excitement and anticipation right along with them.

Thanks so much for the review and pics Lou. And also thanks to Toonlass for posting a pic for us. I know it was late there and you must've been tired but we appreciate the reports so soon after the show. The pics are wonderful. I love Tim's outfit. He looks so relaxed and comfortable. Can't wait to hear more when y'all are more rested.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Wow, I enjoyed reading your review, Lou. And of course looking at the pictures.
    So cool that you got to met Tim, I'm very happy for you. Sounds like you had an unforgettable night.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I agree Evelyn & Cathy--he looks and sounds as if he is a LOT more comfortable with being out there in the spotlight now. GOOD!!! He admitted in Chicago that it all made him a little nervous but apparently he's starting to like it a bit.

I would give ANYTHING to be able to hear his rendition of I Can't Find My Way Home, one of my favorite Winwood songs ever! I bet that was magnificent! How lucky you were to have seen that!

I, also, am digging the plaid!!

On to the pics....

My fave (for now)...

Does Timmy need me to hold it while he straps it on?

*SIGH*

And Lou--why was he "scolding" you? What did you do? Shame on you! And I choose to believe that the pick that is in his strong, perfect, probably a wee bit sweaty palm is the one I will touch soon! YUM! (Hey- you Can't Argue With A(mine) Sick Mind!)
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    I would give ANYTHING to be able to hear his rendition of I Can't Find My Way Home, one of my favorite Winwood songs ever! I bet that was magnificent! How lucky you were to have seen that!
    Didn't we hear that on a radio interview when he first went to Europe this year? Or am I thinking of something else?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Yeah-it was one of the recent ones (that Simon guy perhaps?). I should of said live-like when we saw him. I wish that would of been on the setlist then.

BTW-I remembered something also along the lines of him feeling more comfortable now. His blog entry, on his website...and I quote....
    "Having a few solo shows under my belt has left me wanting to do more, so I’m hoping I might have a chance to come back here with my band and see what happens. Of course, my own personal schedule depends on what the mother ship (Eagles) will be up to. As most of you know, we will be doing at least a handful of shows starting mid-April, and I’m still waiting to hear about the summer."

I guess we are right!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow, what a night for you Troub, and all you other Borderers, too!

Troub, I'm so happy for you getting that personal attention from Tim!

That was cool!

Thanks so much for the reviews and pics ladies! They are all awesome!

And Tim looks fantastic! He does look nice in plaid!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

WOW, WOW AND WOW!! Great review and great pics. I'm so thrilled for you guys. Sounds fantastic.

Cathy - unfortunately I can't remember what was going on while each individual picture was taken. Although I did take most of them between songs, so I caught some of his cute story moments. I remember the 'concealed weapon' one was taken near the end. He just wrapped his shirt a little tighter around him as he moved to the mic to sing the last, or penultimate, song. I'm thrilled I got at least a few decent pics to show you all.

This is the link to the Simon Mayo website. It gives the tracklisting and shows that Tim performed Can't Find My Way Home... but unfortunately it says it's no longer available to listen to.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00psr7d

Take my word for it, the performance was brilliant. I heard numerous people comment on how fantastic Tim's voice was at the end of the show. He really was amazing!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thank you so much, Toonlass and Troub, for the reviews and pics. I just knew you all would love the show. Now why haven't we heard anything from UK TimFan?

And double WOW for you Troub that you were so lucky to get to say "Hi" to Tim after the show. I know how psyched that you must have been after that.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Wow, Lou, thanks for all those pics. Shame you didn't come down to the front row, and say hello to us lucky ones. We were looking for you, and at one time, turned around mouthing 'Troubadour' in case you could lip read. The problem was that we (well, me at least) didn't know whether we were looking for a 20-year old with a 40-year old mum, or a 60-year old with an 80-year old mum.
    Seems the back of my head is getting infamous.
    http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...ehoo/front.jpg
    I'm the one in white, half-turned to the right. Toonlass is next-but-one to me on my right.
    I also think I'm the other half of this pic.
    http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/q...badour/139.jpg
    as I'm sure that there can't have been two people at the stage door with hair as short as that! (And so guess who else got one of those picks. Admittedly, not first-hand from the man himself, but definitely touched by him! )

I now wish I'd been a groupie and gone to Manchester and Birmingham , though I'm not sure if they were 'standing' venues, and a dodgy knee means I can't do standing.

Lou has already filled you in with a lot of the details (I've been in London overnight, and most of today, so didn't get home till teatime), but I can tell you (most of) what Tim sang as I made a list. About the only thing I was capable of once he'd played the first few notes of the opening number - one of my absolute favourites - 'The shadow'. does not describe me.
    Tim then said 'Thanks for coming on a school night, but let's pretend it's Friday night'. I'll leave you all to guess what came next!
    That was followed by 'I don't mind' which had a false start. Can't remember if he got the wrong key, or the wrong words, but I do know he had to start again. (As if we cared - it meant that we got to have a few extra seconds in his company!)
    Compassion seems a lot more 'powerful' when sung live, compared to the CD, and was followed by 'One more mile' with Herman ( the drummer) shaking a nice line in lime green and shocking pink rattles.

As Troubadour has said, Tim then said 'Look, I've got my bass on', and then sang 'I can't tell you why'.
    He then said a word 'which is a seven-syllable word - I done good there' - and I've just been racking my brains what the word was, but I think it was 'autobiographical' because he sang 'White boy from Sacramento'. The middle one of the backing girls especially looked to be having a ball. As Lou has already said, that's when Tim spoke about the girls being the frosting/icing on the cake.

Wew had a bit of Poco time, and probably my favourite one of theirs with Tim - 'Keep on trying'. (Cue more from moi.)
    Tim told the story of how Richie originally wrote this next song for Tim, but events in Richie's own life took over so in the end Richie sang it himself - 'What am I gonna do?'

Tim then introduced his band. Chris Farmer on keyboard, backing vocals, and must have been on guitar at times too. Tim said that Chris had sung with the Beach Boys/been a Beach Boy for some time. (Chris info http://www.linkedin.com/in/chrisfarmermusic)
    Herman Matthews, drummer. The first link I checked for Herman is obviously a little out of date as it says he's working with Tom Jones.
    Bobby (Carlos??)- sorry Bobby, I didn't positively hear your surname.
    The girls - Marlena, Lynn, and (sounded like Mortinet. I really must get a hearing aid!)
    And finally Hank Linderman, who engineered all of Expando, and has also worked with Tim on Feed the fire.

That was followed by 'Parachute', which simply ROCKED.
    'I don't mind' was followed by 'Ella Jean'. Troub has already told you the story about the song, and to my mind Ella Jean is another song which sounds much better live than on the CD.
    When Tim got to 'these shoes are killing me' in 'Downtime I gave a little grin because I remembered how two Borderers had to change their shoes before one of Tim's US shows. (You'll know who you are!)
    I can't remember if Tim left the stage after 'Secular praise', or whether it was just the other band members who left, leaving Tim on his own to sing 'Can't find my way home'. I spoke to Herman at the stage door (not quite on a level with making eye contact with Tim!) and he confirmed that Tim hadn't sung the song at either Manchester or Birmingham. Herman actually said 'it's a different show every night', so I wished even more that I'd gone to Manchester and Birmingham after that.
    Then Paul Carrack came on stage to join Tim on 'I don't want to hear it any more'.
    After that, it was just Tim and Chris (Farmer) with 'Love will keep us alive'. Chris's voice just blended so well with Tim's. A really magical performance for me.

I notice that Troub says Tim sang 'A good day'. As that's not on my list, I can't say whereabouts in the list he sang it. (I've made a note to pay more attention next time I go see Tim. )

A brilliant, magical, wonderful, night.