Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: London, England 30 March 2010

Default Re: Timothy in London, 30 March 2010

The last couple of photos that I must have missed in my tiredness last night!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Quote Originally Posted by Toonlass View Post
    A little treat for you ladies before I go to bed (I have work tomorrow at 11am and its nearly 1am now!)

We had a great time at the show, sang along, clapped to everything (and mostly in time too!) and at the end we were given picks as well! I also managed to get a little note from me, WM and Gemma to Timothy's guitar tech who was lovely and brought WM a pick after Tim ran out!

Thanks for that pic TL.
    And thank you also for trying to sort out my camera. I did manage one pic (not very good compared to yours and Lou's) but then I couldn't turn the flash off again for some reason, so had to give up.And to technology.

Talking of cameras -
    Borderers may remember me saying that the Cadogan Hall state 'no cameras, no recordings, etc'. Before the show started everyone is taking pics, and then this guy walked out, along the stage, and a couple of Borderers (naming no names!!) hastily started putting their cameras away as we were convinced he was coming to confiscate them!

Welcome home UKTF (it's just past tea time here in Illinois!) So glad you enjoyed the show and got a pick!
    Thanks for the wonderful review and the nice photos.

It was Soda and I whose shoes were killing us after the Chicago show.

Speaking of the Chicago show, I wanted to remind everybody that it was Timothy's third show (I think) and he was just a little nervous. And who wouldn't be? We were literally standing at his feet! Also, our show was on October 18, just days before the album was released. So except for the snippets we had heard of Parachute and Friday Night, we had not heard any of these songs! We were hoping they might be selling the CD at the venue, but they weren't. Needless to say, after hearing the songs live we couldn't wait until we could purchase the CD!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Thanks so much for all the extra details, UK TimFan - it was "autobiographical", I'd forgotten about that bit! Too cute.

Quote Originally Posted by UK TimFan View Post
    We were looking for you, and at one time, turned around mouthing 'Troubadour' in case you could lip read.
    That just made me laugh so hard! I'm really sorry I didn't make the move and come and say hello. I'd guessed the small group of gals at the front must include some Borderers, but honestly, I couldn't remember exactly who was going... and I didn't want to make an idiot of myself! So... you mean you were right next to me at stage door?! How weird is that. I was in the knee-length brown suede jacket and jeans... long, kinda curly dark hair... (More on the 20-side than the 60-side! LOL!) Now I really wish I'd arranged to meet you guys BEFORE the show.

Still. I'm glad it worked out well for all of us. The picks were a bonus! Thanks again for filling in those extra details I'd forgotten. I knew we'd get there between us.

Quote Originally Posted by UK TimFan View Post
    Talking of cameras -
    Borderers may remember me saying that the Cadogan Hall state 'no cameras, no recordings, etc'. Before the show started everyone is taking pics, and then this guy walked out, along the stage, and a couple of Borderers (naming no names!!) hastily started putting their cameras away as we were convinced he was coming to confiscate them!
    I thought you were going to say that he ended up taking your picture!
    That's what Hal did in Chicago before the show, and look - it ended up on his website!
    Several of us are in this picture!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

That is too cool!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

It is indeed. I know Lou texted me about 24 hours ago just after she'd met Tim, and she was just sooooooo high!
    All I can say Lou is that I'm delighted you had such a wonderful night, that the show was fantastic and that Tim was so nice. Your pictures are wonderful as well, and your sheer joy and enthusiasm just bubbled throughout.

But ya know what (notwithstanding all the other Borders here) It couldn't have happened to a nicer gal!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Btw(the guy who took our picture, put it on his site), his name is Hank. He is Tim's engineer and mainly plays lead guitar on the tour.

Thanks for your great review, UK TimFan!
    Again thanks for the photos!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Wow, what a night! Great to read all about it! I think the best part (after meeting Tim and getting the picks) would have been hearing the Steve Winwood song...I love him! Lucky!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...