Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Pebble Beach 2007

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Another very cool day for you gals! You all must be in 7th heaven!

So, will Glenn be playing today?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    will Glenn be playing today?
    Yes Glenn will be playing today.. the cut is at the end of today's round

I'm SO glad you got your picture with him, soda!

Wow! Cant wait to see the pic now!

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Me too, me too!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ok, he didn't kiss you again but I'm sure it was a fantastic day for you all. And you got your photo, wow!

So, when will he be playing today, TF? Do you know that?

FP, thanks for the updates.

I'm soooooo glad that "I Love to Watch" may be on the new album! Very good news indeed!

Yay! I just reviewed my tape of today's Pebble coverage and there is quite a few shots of Glenn!

Today he wore black pants, navy windbreaker, navy hat and white shoes. He was pretty easy to pick out once I knew what he had on. And let me say he did look most appealing! He also had a gold chain on and a band-aid on his left ring finger.

The announcer mentioned that he was from the "legendary band the Eagles" and that he won the 2002 Jack Lemmon award which is given to the amatuer that helped his team the most (he had 31 shots). I don't "know" golf so bear with me! There are lots of great "behind" shots! Pun intended! An announcer actually interviewed him with Clay Walker. They both have been in the studio lately and Clay said that his play was lacking a little because of that and Glenn chuckled and said "that was my excuse"! The announcer also had mentioned that Glenn had been in the studio for the last 20 months putting together another album for the Eagles and that it was "Eagly awaited"! When Glenn was asked how that was affecting his golf game glenn said "the albums sounding really good!" and laughed. (meaning that his game wasn't going well) Then he looked at the camera and said "Hello to everybody in Ireland at Old Head." (I think that's what he said-never heard of it myself!)

Then later Glenn shot a "birdie" on the 17th & with the windy conditions the announcer commented that that was "life in the fastlane"!

Hopefully Soda can take my tape and get the clips from it. Again, he looked marvelous, as usual!

I'm so glad you ladies are able to tape this... today was the only day I was able to watch and it seemed every time Glenn came on my Dad started chattering or called me for something.... FATHERS!!! but I guess since it was Dad that started my Eagle-ism I can't be too upset hehehe

Stuck on the Border

Thank you Brooke. I didn't watch it today because I didn't think he'd be interviewed again. But I got 50 screen shots out of the seven minute DVD I have! See Frey Fever.

Well, this day certainly exceeded our expecations, to say the least! Last year, Saturday at Pebble Beach consisted of thronging masses of people, with Glenn only able to give us a shout out a couple times.

This time, the weather started out horribly, making the crowds much thinner. Glenn spotted us and acted surprised to see us - as if! - almost as soon as we walked up. We'll give more details on what transpired later, but what really made the day unique and fun was what started on the 8th hole. Glenn sent his caddy over to us with a $20 bill, and he asked us to buy Glenn a screwdriver (vodka and orange juice)! Of course we were THRILLED to do so, but paid for it ourselves, just so that we could say, "We bought a drink for Glenn Frey." Our quest to find this drink was an adventure in itself, but more about that later.

Once we finally brought back the drink to Glenn, he asked us to hold it for him - and then, he kept coming back to take sips from it in between tees and talk to us, just like we were hangin' out! It was so cool! As a reward for our efforts, he asked for our addresses so that he could send us "swag," as he put it.

So, that's the highlights! We'll get working on the longer write-ups tonight, although since dreamer and I are travelling tomorrow, we might not be able to post them right away.

I am reading this to dreamer, and she says my post does not sufficiently communicate the kind of....

HOLY CRAP THIS IS SO FRICKIN' COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....attitude that we had. I hope that gives you a better idea.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten