Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: Pebble Beach 2007

Default Re: Pebble Beach 2007

I have read the majority of the Pebble Beach thread but did not know about the "delivering of the swag"... How cool is that!!! That is just a great experience for you three ladies. I felt like I was right there with you when you where describing the whole evening. What a great memory to have.

I have to totally agree with the quote from NMB about Glenn "He certainly was extraordinarily kind to his fans".

Thanks so much for posting the link NMB, I have not seen it before.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I think that's like the best fan experience that I've heard of, especially from someone at the superstar/legend level. It really speaks well of Glenn that he cared so much.

Oh, absolutely!! I had started reading it yesterday afternoon and wasn't able to finish it but I was telling my hubs about it last night and he was like wow, Glenn really wanted to give back to his fans. That is just the greatest!

Knowing me, I probably would not have been able to talk to him, I would just sit and stare and then by the time I would have worked up the nerve to say something it would be time to go. Lol

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks to all of you for your comments. It still amazes me how wonderful Glenn treated us and I will always be grateful for the times we spent with him. As far as not being able to say a word to him, I thought I may be the same way, but he was so approachable and friendly and was masterful at putting you at ease. As I mentioned in my post in the 'Remembering Glenn Frey' thread, I really was nervous about our 'swag' meeting though. I almost completely froze as soon as we got to the hotel suite. However, once we were inside, the convo just casually flowed non-stop and I was completely comfortable.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I really was nervous about our 'swag' meeting though. I almost completely froze as soon as we got to the hotel suite.
    I don't blame you a bit. I felt a little nervous just reading about it. If I was there in person, I may have been hyperventilating into my purse.

But I'm so glad you were able to settle in and have a wonderful experience to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Thanks to all of you for your comments. It still amazes me how wonderful Glenn treated us and I will always be grateful for the times we spent with him. As far as not being able to say a word to him, I thought I may be the same way, but he was so approachable and friendly and was masterful at putting you at ease. As I mentioned in my post in the 'Remembering Glenn Frey' thread, I really was nervous about our 'swag' meeting though. I almost completely froze as soon as we got to the hotel suite. However, once we were inside, the convo just casually flowed non-stop and I was completely comfortable.
    I give you ladies a lot of credit for being able to carry on a conversation with him. I would have been like Kim McAfee in Bye Bye Birdie, lol. What a wonderful memory he created for you.

That's really cool and soo sweet of Glenn to do, Dreamer! Totally jealous here... I am so glad you both shared your experience with us, it shows another side of Glenn that not many people ever see, all most see is "Glenn the performer" and not "Glenn the man".