Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Bret Michaels/Poison

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Bret Michaels/Poison

https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

Because he lives in Arizona he is on the news and in the newspaper a lot. The weekend before his surgery, he was at the big car auction in the Valley. He sold one of his cars there. He seemed to be in good spirits and wasn't worried about the operation. I wish him well and hope this will finally put an end to all of his health problems.

Sounds like he has had a rough time of it with everything he's been through. Let's hope it all good for him now.
    Melanie

Quote Originally Posted by AzEaglesFan View Post
    Because he lives in Arizona he is on the news and in the newspaper a lot. The weekend before his surgery, he was at the big car auction in the Valley. He sold one of his cars there. He seemed to be in good spirits and wasn't worried about the operation. I wish him well and hope this will finally put an end to all of his health problems.
    The car auction he was at was the Barret-Jackson auction. I watch almost all 40 hours of it and saw the part that involved Bret Michaels. He was a Celeb there to raise money via a Charity Vehicle for the Children's Diabetes Foundation. After the auction was over, they announced that Bret was there even though he was going into surgery the next day....or maybe they said Monday.

Now, with that said, he could have had another car in the auction belonging to him. The one in the Charity auction was a custom that was donated by the builder to the cause....not personally owned by Bret.

MikeA

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

The article in the paper had his picture next to the car being sold and it read like it was his personal car. Seems like it was a Camero.

I did a little research and found the following link

http://www.insideline.com/chevrolet/...n-auction.html

Bret did indeed sell a 1969 Mustang that was his personal vehicle and it brought him $220,000 (along with a signed guitar). But he was also on the block helping to raise money with the auction of another Mustang...a 2012 Laguna Seca Boss 302 one-off neverbe another one in 2012 in that color combo that brought $450,000 for Juvenile Diabetes Foundation.

So he was involved in two separate auctions. I must have missed the one for his personal car but did catch the one for the Boss 302.

There was a standard statement made by Ford Motor Co before the auction....all money over and above MSRP would go to the Diabetes Foundation. In reality, the Charity probably goten north of $400k but not the entire $450K even though Barret-Jackson waived all consigners fees and buyer's fees. Those fees are significant....like 8% of the final selling price is paid by the seller and 10% is paid by the buyer. Barret-Jackson is not losing money on these auctions <LOL>

Actually, with megabuck auction results aside, I'm pretty excited about the reintroduction of the "Boss" Mustangs. Back in the late 60's, they were the about the only Muscle Car that I could realistically think about owning. The little 302 cubic inch engine was one screaming motor and those Mustangs were incredible all-around performance cars. Alas, now as back then, they just aren't practical enough for me to consider.

I like seeing the body styles of Camero and Mustang making a very successful comeback. Even Chrysler has made a shot at the market with the Chargers though they haven't really gone "retro" with their body styling.
    Last edited by MikeA; 01-28-2011 at 08:27 AM.

MikeA

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow - Bret has really struggled with his health in recent years. I wish him another full and speedy recovery. Kick some butt, Bret!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

The things this man has been through - but he doesn't back down! There's a lesson there somewhere.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.