Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Phoenix, AZ 4-21-10

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

Default Re: Phoenix, AZ April 21, 2010

Glenn's voice had a real raspy sound to it and he didn't talk as much and I have heard. He did tell the credit card joke and check your tickets this is the Senior Tour. When he was singing sometimes he looked like he was having trouble and the other guys seemed to over power him on some songs. But I never realized that Glenn was such a good guitar player.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    And I know one Borderer in particular who is going to be very upset at the dropping of NMCD.

Why do you think Glenn keeps dropping his lead songs?
    1. I don't know if you were thinking of me, but...
    2. I don't know.

Surely NMCD will be returned. I don't know how to say this politely but it is getting beyond a joke.

I think if songs are going to be dropped, there could at least be a 'rotation' policy. I could name songs by the other three that could be dropped, but I won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    1. I don't know if you were thinking of me, but...
    2. I don't know.

Surely NMCD will be returned. I don't know how to say this politely but it is getting beyond a joke.

I think if songs are going to be dropped, there could at least be a 'rotation' policy. I could name songs by the other three that could be dropped, but I won't.
    Yes, I was thinking of you FP.

AZ, are you thinking that they dropped NMCD because Glenn's voice was struggling?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I wondered if that might be the reason but not much telling. Then again they may have done NMCD and I was in a trance and don't remember it. It did seem like Glenn sang a lot. The friend that was with me will be 40 years old in August and has gone to a lot more concerts than I have. She told me that she has never been to a concert where that crowd was so well behaved. When they were doing Long Road Out of Eden the crowd cheered and applauded in the right places, like after Joe's guitar solo, but for the last few lines of the song the place was so quiet that it was hard to believe there were 8000 people there. The chairs on the floor I don't think were used after the break, everyone down there stood up. No body sat down after Life in the Fast Lane.

Out on the Border

Hi all. This is my first post - I've lurked here for some time though and I've been an Eagles fan for many years. I first saw them live on the "Hotel California" tour.

I am taking my wife and daughters to the Vegas show on Saturday and I'm just wondering if someone could clarify if they played "All She Wants To Do Is Dance" during the encores in Phoenix? I read one post that didn't mention it among the encores, but another post said the only missing song was "No More Cloudy Days". Just want to know because my daughter's favorite Eagles-related song is "All She Wants To..." and I'm hoping they do play it on Saturday.

Thanks guys.

I am so bummed about NMCD. That's one of the songs I have most been looking forward to hearing at the upcoming concerts I am attending.

DanO - welcome! Hopefully that song didn't get dropped. AEF will probably fill us in when she gets a chance.

WT - maybe it's temporary. Don't despair!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

First of all, welcome DanO. Glad you decided to join us. Hope you and your family have a great time at the Vegas show and that you'll come back and tell us about it. I didn't have time to post this review earlier, but I got it in the same Google Alert as the first review that I posted. I was so concerned about whether they sang 7BR and it was actually in both reviews. Oh well, so much Eagles info, so little time. Anyway, the set list is at the bottom. If this is correct, they didn't do ASWTDID.

And one other thing for everyone, if you go to the link, there are some pictures of the Phoenix show (click on the Eagles Concert Pics link on the left).

http://www.azcentral.com/thingstodo/...w-phoenix.html

Set list:
    "Seven Bridges Road"
    "How Long"
    "Busy Being Fabulous"
    "I Don't Want to Hear Anymore"
    "Guilty of the Crime"
    "Hotel California"
    "Peaceful Easy Feeling"
    "I Can't Tell You Why"
    "Witchy Woman"
    "Lyin' Eyes"
    "The Boys of Summer"
    "In The City"
    "The Long Run"
    Intermission
    "No More Walks in the Wood"
    "Waiting In the Weeds"
    "Love Will Keep Us Alive"
    "Take It to the Limit"
    "Long Road Out of Eden"
    "Walk Away"
    "One of These Nights"
    "Life's Been Good"
    "Dirty Laundry"
    "Funk #49"
    "Heartache Tonight"
    "Life in the Fast Lane"
    Encore:
    "Take It Easy"
    "Rocky Mountain Way"
    "Desperado
    Last edited by Ive always been a dreamer; 07-08-2010 at 10:42 PM.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

No they didn't do All She Wants To Do Is Dance and I was looking forward to watching Glenn do his dance number. When the band was introduced, they all got a very good response but Don's was one of the longest. They had his picture on the big screens and after a bit you could read his lips and he said "Ok, stop now." But he did seem to enjoy it.

Okay, we are about to head to bed because I have been up for almost 28 hours straight, but we had to check in and get the scoop on the latest concert. OH MY GOODNESS!!! We are dying over here. Don looks so freaking HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're praying they keep the casual clothes (and SBR!) for the San Jose shows!

PS: All Jess has to say is... Oh my God, they're in jeans!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--