Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Phoenix, AZ 4-21-10

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Phoenix, AZ 4-21-10

While we're waiting to hear from Shirley about last night's show, I decided to do some searching to get some info. The main things I am interested in finding out is if the guys sang 7BR and if they were sporting suits at their first indoor show for this leg of the tour. This doesn't tell us about 7BR, but check it out for the answer about the suits ...

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/upo...ways_cente.php

Last edited by Ive always been a dreamer; 07-08-2010 at 10:46 PM.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Phoenix, AZ April 21, 2010

See Glenn? Everybody wants to hear your songs, too!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Sure looks like they are losing the suits and keeping 7BR for this leg of the tour.... it really does seem like they heard our pleas and granted us (at least most of) what we wished for!

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

The concert was AWESOME. No suits as you see in the photo. That photo must have been taken the first part of the show.
    Timothy wore the same clothes but started out in a pair of mustard colored shoes, changed to black cowboy boots for the second half. Glenn had on his bright pink shirt and looked handsome as ever. Don wore the black/white UPS but changed to a brown western shirt for the second half. Joe had on black, Levis, shirt and jacket but took the jacket off after the break. His pull over was black and silver.
    They didn't get started until 8:30 but sang until 11:30 and then walked around the stage for another few minutes. Don looked around and saw everyone else had left so he ran off the stage. He seemed to be in a real good mood and was the one that announced that they would do one more song and then take a break and come back and sing for a long time, that brought a big cheer from the people. I always thought that Glenn did that part.
    The set list was the same as the Hollywood Bowl except no, No More Cloudy Days. I didn't notice it until I Can't Tell You Why but then I realized that the audience was singing along with Timothy. Beautiful. Also I have read other people tell about how you can't appreciate Long Road Out of Eden until you hear it live. SO TRUE.
    One of the funniest things of course involved Joe. You know how he runs over during Long Run and sings with Glenn and Timothy. So he runs over there and makes a motion with his hands like he is going to "goose" Glenn and Timothy. When he turned and ran back to his side of the stage,Glenn ran after him and when he got right behind Joe, Joe jumped about a foot in the air, I couldn't really see what Glenn did.
    I have PEW big time today. Will try to write more as I think of stuff.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

So AZ - I take it that it's a that they opened with 7BR ???

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Sounds like they were in great form last night and everyone was having a great time up on stage. Joe getting goosed . Don sticking around after everyone else left the stage! I contribute it to NO SUITS!!!! They're more comfortable! JMO tho!

What did you guys think of this in the review?
    "The screen had an adverse effect on one of the evenings best songs, the Henley solo hit "Boys of Summer."

Fewer songs illustrate the death of the sixties in such stark terms, but the sexually charged themes and elegiac lyric about a "Deadhead sticker on a Cadillac," were utterly at odds with images of boys tossing footballs, dogs scurrying about and surfers rocking waves. Maybe Henley "doesn't look back" at the screen behind him."

Isn't it still the BOS video they play in the background? Rest of the review was pretty cool tho.

Sorry about the PEW AZ! But it's always worth it tho isn't it?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

They did open w/7BR... I saw it on a tweet last night... thought I posted it in this thread... gotta wonder where I posted it now...

ETA: Duh, I should have read the review closer! I see that has been taken care of.

Also, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the casual look. I wasn't planning on seeing the summer concert at the stadium... but now I may have to.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Thank you, youtube...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgUCAuvUWKs[/ame]

SBR and casual clothes! I rejoice muchly at this news!

But I'm bummed about NMCD. Another Glenn song gone! ME NO LIKEY. Let's hope it comes back for later shows.

Thanks for the the review AEF, and thanks for finding the published one, Dreamer. LTL - thanks for the tweet (wherever it may be) and the video find!

Oh my gosh, I can't wait to see these guys in San Jose!

P.S. Wille, if I recall correctly, they don't show the BOS video behind Don but they do show scenes reminiscent of it. I chuckled at that reviewer's comment, though!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

First of all, AZ I'm so glad you loved the show! And thanks for your review.

Dreamer, thank you for the review with pics. It was awesome. I noticed this part:

the ladies to the side were dancing and shouting about how hot Henley looks.

I didn't know Jess and Lou were going to this show.

No suits???!!!??? That's great!!!

I know one Borderer in particular who is going to love that Glenn was wearing his fushia shirt.

And I know one Borderer in particular who is going to be very upset at the dropping of NMCD.

Why do you think Glenn keeps dropping his lead songs?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.