Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Phoenix, AZ 4-21-10

Default Re: Phoenix, AZ April 21, 2010

..I find it hard to believe that Glenn has "vocal" problems...while it seems to be in great shape at his "solo" shows....ie--fight night.....I sometimes wonder if he's just trying to please everybody when he makes up the setlist.......maybe he has to "bite his tongue" at times too........

Remember when thinking about replacement songs, concerts have to have a certain amount of slower numbers and a certain amount of rockers, too. A good rock concert always swells and rocks out at the end. I'm sure this is what they consider when making the set list. I'm just saying...you wouldn't want to replace Walk Away with Tequila Sunrise. You have to replace a rocker with another rocker.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I totally agree Prettymaid...but "Already Gone" and "Somebody" are good rocking songs...I agree that it could be difficult to place "Tequila Sunrise" somewhere in the show....it could only be done during the "sit down" part of the show, and they already have quite a few songs to be done at that time...

Quote Originally Posted by Glennhoney View Post
    I totally agree Prettymaid...but "Already Gone" and "Somebody" are good rocking songs...
    Oh I agree. I'm in the 'Glenn is Dropping Too Many Songs' camp! I'm a Joe fan but would totally be fine without LBG and RMW. but please don't take away my Walk Away and In The City!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I'm down with Already Gone coming back instead of Tequila Sunrise - I was just using that as an example of a song he can obviously sing well (see Fight Night) but has chosen to drop. That leads me to believe it's not all about vocal issues.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

..totally agree Soda......

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

As a Timothy fan, I guess I'm just used to not getting that many songs. I do have my favorites by the other guys I want to hear live and 2 that spring to mind are Glenn songs, You Belong To The City and Smuggler's Blues but doesn't sound like that will happen again unless it's a solo show.

I have a solution to make us all happy.....They need to play for 8 hours instead of only around 3!!! (Glenn says they can't keep playing 3 hour shows he didn't say anything about whether he preferred shorter or longer!)
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pueblo47 View Post
    Bet Tim could sing for 3 hoursso why not let him do ALL the songs? That sounds fair to me.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Glennhoney View Post
    ..I find it hard to believe that Glenn has "vocal" problems...while it seems to be in great shape at his "solo" shows....ie--fight night.....I sometimes wonder if he's just trying to please everybody when he makes up the setlist.......maybe he has to "bite his tongue" at times too........
    If this is the case, he's trying too hard.

I think I made my point yesterday and I don't wish to labour it, but here is a comparison of Glenn and Don leads which have been dropped since the reunion. The difference is when Don has a lead dropped it is invariably replaced with another song. With Glenn, once it's gone that is it.

Glenn:

The Girl From Yesterday/Smuggler's Blues/New Kid In Town/Tequila Sunrise/Already Gone/You Belong To The City/Somebody/No More Cloudy Days (although I really, really hope this is temporary)

Replaced with How Long

Don:

Victim Of Love/Get Over It/Wasted Time/Hole In The World/Sunset Grill

Replaced with Witchy Woman/Busy Being Fabulous/Long Road Out Of Eden /Waiting In The Weeds

And both Tim and Joe have extra songs in I Don't Want To Hear Any More & Guilty Of The Crime respectively.

Speaks for itself really.

To even this out you could class No More Walks In The Wood and the apparent return of Seven Bridges Road as 'ensemble' performances.
    Last edited by Freypower; 04-24-2010 at 06:50 PM.

Stuck on the Border

And see my edit. He also dropped You Belong To The City.

AZ, I am aware that Glenn does a lot of backing vocals and that he sings on LBG & RMW whereas Don doesn't. That isn't the point.