Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Portland, OR Meet and Greet

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Portland, OR Meet and Greet

OMG - I'm so excited for both of you. Have a blast this evening Cami and Rhonda and PLEASE do not hurt Joe!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

This day has finally come!! It's been long overdue. Rhonda and Cami, I'm sure you two are gonna have an amazing time!! We'll all be with you two in spirit. Please report back ASAP!! We want to hear ALL about it!!

~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

I hope you both have a Fabulous evening too!

can't wait to hear all about it
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    OKAY! we got our instructions!!
    We're to meet at the Rose Garden Arena tomorrow before 6:40 to pick up our tickets and then meet at East Entry, section 318. After that we will be blind folded stripped naked, rubbed down with bacon grease and talcum powder. Joe will then flog each of us individually with raw bacon and rubber chickens (OH that Joe! what a guy!) ... Okay, not REALLY.. just kidding... but I thought it sounded like the kind of party he might like. We wont be allowed to bring in cameras (booo!!) but there will be a group picture we WILL be able to down load later. We can bring ONE thing to be signed (and no it cant be body parts, darn it) Since it's raining here, I was thinking about wearing a rubber suit, but I think maybe they might take that the wrong way, so I'll just wear normal clothes, the regular way(pant on the bottom, shirt on the top, etc..) Doesn't leave a lot of room for creativity but sometimes my expression of my individuality makes other people nervous. (shoe will be optional.. hip waders frowned upon) I purchased two new tops today, I probably wont wear them both at the same time... probably. As far as WHAT I'll say, I will have NO idea till Im standing there in front of him, hopefully not drooling, but one can never be too sure of these things. We will see
    For the love of God... She's already losing it!!!!

Had to stop in here really quick (shhh! Don't tell everyone that is waiting for me outside) and see the excitement for myself!!

ENJOY THIS YOU 2 AND REMEMBER EVERY, I MEAN EVERY, LITTLE DETAIL!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

So excited for you girls!!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Cami and I are getting ready to leave. We have about an hour, but we may leave a little early and just mess around down town for a while. Im wearing black pants, a white camisole with a pale green shrug, my hair up and a green tear drop pendent on a silver chain with pink pearl earrings. Cami has new jeans that fit great! a brown t-shirt with a silver and black design (it looks fantastic on her!) with a black sweater shrug. Her hair is pinned back and loose around her face (It looks really pretty on her). Im wearing my black bling flipflops and she's got her awesome boots on. We are hot babes! *G* Joe wont stand a chance! I'll let you know more later.. or she will since I cant post to the border from my phone, but we'll keep you all well informed!!

Woo hoo! I'll bet you both look great. Have a fabulous time, and treasure every moment. You deserve it. (Btw - don't forget there's an actual CONCERT after this! Send Don a big sloppy kiss from me.)

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Smile Re: Portland, OR Meet and Greet

I'm so happy for both of you. Can't wait to hear all the details!!!

The meet and greet is over and Rhonda and I are headed to our seats. Rhonda is on cloud 9. )

We got to the Rose Garden really early and picked up our tickets. With an hour to kill we went to the KGON bar and Rhonda had a margarita. Finally the doors opened and we proceeded to run around the arena desperately trying to find the right entrance. Once we managed to locate our group we got our passes and were led to a curtained area back stage and told to make ourselves at home. After a couple of minutes of small talk among ourselves the curtain parted and in walked Joe! He looked fantastic (and he smelled wonderful). He shook each of our hands and asked our names. Then he went back around and signed whatever we had brought. Rhonda asked him if he had seen her website and gave him the URL when it turned out he hadn't. She was even able to engage him in a brief conversation in the few moments we had with him. She did great!

(to be continued next post)

Next was a group photo and then much to our surprise Joe let people take photos. Rhonda got one of her with him. Needless to say she is floating on air. My experience wasnt quite the same but I did manage to smile and say my name and thank him for signing my album. And before he left I thanked him for the meet and greet and wished him a great show. It was so fast but it was so cool. And now we are in our seats, sitting behind Tim's aunt and cousin (and hearing some Timmy details you won't find on Wikipedia *G*).

Anyway its almost showtime...more details later .