Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Honda Center, Anaheim,April 25, 2010

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Honda Center, Anaheim,April 25, 2010

Maybe we all need to write Glenn a letter and tell him. Surely if he got several letters that wanted his songs back he would try to appease.

I realize it will take some time for him to actually get them and read them, but it might help for the fall tour. Assuming there is one.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Maybe we all need to write Glenn a letter and tell him. Surely if he got several letters that wanted his songs back he would try to appease.

I realize it will take some time for him to actually get them and read them, but it might help for the fall tour. Assuming there is one.
    Good idea, Brooke!!

Stuck on the Border

The 'fall tour' if there is one will be Asia/Australia. Do you seriously think the setlist will be changed for that?

My opinions on this are well known. I have no idea why Somebody was dropped and I have no idea why some of Glenn's other songs were dropped. I think that Don's solo songs have been there for far too long (I am well aware that people will disagree with that) and I don't know what is so special about The Long Run for it to be played instead of New Kid In Town. As for LROOE, I would be playing more of it, not less of it.

I wonder if Cami's allusion to the somewhat subdued reaction Glenn apparently received from the crowd in Sacramento means that he thinks he is the least popular member of the band and therefore the audience are not interested in his songs.

Even if people were to write to Glenn about this I seriously doubt that he would show any interest or take any action. He seems far more interested in his leadership role these days than in his role as a performer.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    The 'fall tour' if there is one will be Asia/Australia. Do you seriously think the setlist will be changed for that?
    Well, that is a presumption, not a fact. And while I don't expect wholesale changes, I wouldn't rule out some revisions to the set list for the next leg.

My opinions on this are well known. I have no idea why Somebody was dropped and I have no idea why some of Glenn's other songs were dropped. I think that Don's solo songs have been there for far too long (I am well aware that people will disagree with that) and I don't know what is so special about The Long Run for it to be played instead of New Kid In Town. As for LROOE, I would be playing more of it, not less of it.
    Why not play both New Kid In Town and The Long Run. Some of us love both songs. And, of course, as we've said many times before, the average casual fan does not want to hear LROOE - they want to hear the hits.

I wonder if Cami's allusion to the somewhat subdued reaction Glenn apparently received from the crowd in Sacramento means that he thinks he is the least popular member of the band and therefore the audience are not interested in his songs.
    Well, FP, I don't follow that line of reasoning at all. If that were the case, wouldn't Glenn be inclined to showcase himself even more to prove his worthiness to the fans???

Even if people were to write to Glenn about this I seriously doubt that he would show any interest or take any action. He seems far more interested in his leadership role these days than in his role as a performer.
    Again, I definitely take issue with this. If this were the case, it would seem to me that the Eagles would not be performing at all.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Well, that is a presumption, not a fact. And while I don't expect wholesale changes, I wouldn't rule out some revisions to the set list for the next leg.
    Such as?

Why not play both New Kid In Town and The Long Run. Some of us love both songs. And, of course, as we've said many times before, the average casual fan does not want to hear LROOE - they want to hear the hits.
    Just once, I think it would be nice if the 'hits' mentality were reviewed. I know this is a minority opinion. I mention The Long Run because I don't see why nobody ever suggests that a Henley Eagles song could ever possibly be dropped, and that one is my least favourite of the songs he sings. I know it won't happen.

Well, FP, I don't follow that line of reasoning at all. If that were the case, wouldn't Glenn be inclined to showcase himself even more to prove his worthiness to the fans???
    No. He doesn't seem to have any interest in 'showcasing' himself.

Again, I definitely take issue with this. If this were the case, it would seem to me that the Eagles would not be performing at all.
    You can look at it both ways, in my opinion.

...okay, so here's hoping that somebody in the Frey household will be reading this....

GLENN HONEY, you have got to bring back your songs...in particular, "Heartache Tonight", "Already gone", "Tequila Sunrise" and "Somebody"....and I could go on and on.........

I'm not asking too much...am I???.........everybody misses them...

Stuck on the Border

Er.....he hasn't dropped Heartache Tonight. Not yet.

Stuck on the Border

He dropped it before the start of the LROOE tour along with Tequila Sunrise, Already Gone and You Belong To The City.

The only Eagles songs sung by Don Henley which were dropped were Hole In The World, a more recent song, and Wasted Time. These were replaced by LROOE, WITW, BBF and Witchy Woman. BBF was dropped for a time but has now returned. The jury appears still out on ASWTDID, which was dropped but returned for a couple of shows.

The rationale was supposed to have been that Glenn would replace these songs with LROOE songs. He replaced them with How Long & Somebody, and now he has dropped Somebody.
    Last edited by Freypower; 04-28-2010 at 11:16 PM.

While I was watching the non-concert parts of F1 this morning I came across the part where Glenn says something to the effect of "Don's our key vocalist and our key songwriter". I immediately thought of this discussion, wondering if Glenn thinks that Don deserves more lead vocals than he does. I wish Glenn knew that if you're an Eagles fan you want to hear both voices that have defined the sound of the band for years. I don't think he realizes that his leads are just as longed for as Don's.

BTW FP, I love your sig banner. What a great smile!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    While I was watching the non-concert parts of F1 this morning I came across the part where Glenn says something to the effect of "Don's our key vocalist and our key songwriter". I immediately thought of this discussion, wondering if Glenn thinks that Don deserves more lead vocals than he does. I wish Glenn knew that if you're an Eagles fan you want to hear both voices that have defined the sound of the band for years. I don't think he realizes that his leads are just as longed for as Don's.

BTW FP, I love your sig banner. What a great smile!
    Thanks.

The words Glenn used were 'chief vocalist' and 'chief lyricist'. I have never agreed with him about the first statement.